TPG Community

Get online support

Archer VR1600v keeps rebooting many times a day

lpgman
Level 2

Hello TPG.

The last week or so my Archer VR1600v keeps rebooting several times a day. All the leds stop lighting up, then the power led flashes, and then the internet comes back. Sometimes it has a total crash, and is totally dead until I reboot the router. My NBN hfc modem always has all 4 green lights on.

A friend of mine gave me a new Telstra smart modem gen 2, which is compatible with TPG according to your website, but I cannot get it to connect. I know I’m using the correct username and password, as I can use these to log in to my account from the TPG website.

Hope you can help me. Many thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Shane

Could you confirm the troubleshooting steps that you have performed to setup the modem?

We created an article about this please see the link below.

How to set up your Telstra Smart Modem Gen2 (NBN BYO plan)

Please post the screenshot of the current 'Connection Settings' of the modem for reference and better understanding also shoot us a PM with your details so we can perform initial test.

How to send a PM? 

Regards,

Hello TPG.

The last week or so my Archer VR1600v keeps rebooting several times a day. All the leds stop lighting up, then the power led flashes, and then the internet comes back. Sometimes it has a total crash, and is totally dead until I reboot the router. My NBN hfc modem always has all 4 green lights on.

A friend of mine gave me a new Telstra smart modem gen 2, which is compatible with TPG according to your website, but I cannot get it to connect. I know I’m using the correct username and password, as I can use these to log in to my account from the TPG website.

Hope you can help me. Many thanks.