TPG Community

Get online support

Bigpond email slow to load

petersmith1
Level 2

Since changing from Telstra to TPG for my service provider my Telstra bigpond email is slow to load on my iPad. Any solution?

7 REPLIES 7
Shane

Hi @petersmith1,

Are you using Mail Client on your iPad? Is the issue also occur on other devices such as Laptop or Macbook?

For testing purposes, let us perform a speed test using your iPad and Desktop/laptop (connected via LAN/Ethernet cable preferably) and post the test result on this thread, this will help us identify the issue.

Regards,

Since changing from Telstra to TPG for my service provider my Telstra bigpond email is slow to load on my iPad. Any solution?

petersmith1
Level 2

I am using the apple email client that comes with the iPad. When using the TPG connection test I get an "unable to detect your internet connection" With the Ookla speed test I get 50.6/18.4 result. My wife does not have a speed problem opening bigpond emails on her iPad. 

petersmith1
Level 2

To be clear the emails display instantly in the left hand column of the mail client but are very slow to open when selected, up to 10 seconds. I am using wifi. 

Shane

Are both iPads connected on the same Wireless Network? If yes, and the issue only occurs on your iPad's Email Client it is possible that it could be an isolated Bigpond's Email Server. If not please ensure to connect the iPad on the same Wi-Fi. 

You may also try different Wireless Network or connect the iPad on a Mobile Hotspot to see any different with the iPad Email Client, in the event that it is still the same. We recommend to contact the Email support to check if it is an Email Issue. 

I am using the apple email client that comes with the iPad. When using the TPG connection test I get an "unable to detect your internet connection" With the Ookla speed test I get 50.6/18.4 result. My wife does not have a speed problem opening bigpond emails on her iPad. 

To be clear the emails display instantly in the left hand column of the mail client but are very slow to open when selected, up to 10 seconds. I am using wifi. 

petersmith1
Level 2

Both iPads on same network and both have the same problem. Even emails that had been previously opened will take up to 10 seconds to reopen. 

P47
Level 2
Level 2

I also have this problem.  And so do other iPads on the same network.

Shane

Hi @petersmith1 & @P47,

We recommend to contact Bigpond email support to check on the possible cause of the Email Issue.

Regards,

Both iPads on same network and both have the same problem. Even emails that had been previously opened will take up to 10 seconds to reopen. 

I also have this problem.  And so do other iPads on the same network.