TPG Community

Get online support

Blinking DSL and no internet light

katherinemonk
Level 2

Hi, I am on ADSL2+ and have recently bought a NETGEAR 1600 AC to replace our previous modem router as we'd assumed it was faullty. I suspect the problem might be the line now as am currenly seeing a blinking or , most of the time, no DSL light and also no internet light. I've tried both phone ports ion the house and there's no difference. I don't have a phone I can use to testthe line for noise etc so was hoping someone could check our line and advise.

Thanks a lot, Anthony.

4 REPLIES 4
Will

Hi @katherinemonk 

Welcome to the Community!

Using your community details, I was able to pull up an account and perform some tests. Although we're detecting a possible line fault, this can also be a caused by devices connected to your phonesockets. We therefore need to run another line test without any devices plugged into your phonesockets.

I can organize a call from our Technical Team to assist with the test. Just send me a PM with your preferred contact number and time for a call. Or you can disconnect all devices from the phonesockets (phone, modem, splitter) and then let us know via this thread once done so we can run the test at our end instead. Let me know how you'd like to proceed.

For your reference (in case you prefer a call back): How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

Will

Hi @katherinemonk,

Thanks for responding via PM. As discussed, please let us know once you're able to unplug all devices from the phonesockets tonight so we can run a test and determine if additional troubleshooting is required.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Regards,

katherinemonk
Level 2
Hi will, good to go now. Have removed all things connected to the phone socket. Cheers.
Will

Thanks for performing the necessary step, @katherinemonk

I was able to run the test already and we're still detecting the fault which will require Telstra to look into it further. I have escalated this issue to our Engineering Team for assistance. Updates pertaining to this case will be communicated to you directly by an Engineer via SMS or phone call. If you have other questions or concerns, do let me know.

You may now reconnect the modem back to the phonesocket.