Buffering

Level 2

Hi, I know this is a very common question but despite checking for answers online I still can't solve it. I subscribed to a movie streaming service. It goes well for about 10 minutes then it starts buffering and stopping gradually getting worse and worse. Sometimes the download speed is good (53 Mbps) sometimes terrible (4.8 Mbps) but the problem is the same whether day or night. Thanks for any assistance. Rod

2 REPLIES 2
BasilDV

Hi @5743505

Are you connected via WiFI or Wired connection?

Do you experience the issue on all of your devices or just one?

What troubleshooting have you tried so far?

Shoot me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number.

BasilDV

Level 2

Hi Basil, I  hope you got my customer ID. If you need further info please ask. In answer to your questions. Wifi connection. I have never had a problem with Wifi on my computer but I don't ever stream anything on it. So, it is just my LG smart TV. I tested the speed as I mentioned previously. I have checked WiFi connection to the TV and it looks fine. Speed today was very slow but it was slow when I checked on my phone and computer too. I tried changing to the old network - non 5G - but it didn't change the situation. I have a security camera modem which is near the TPG modem. I turned this off in case of interference but it didn't change the endless buffering. The modem is in clear sight (about 5 metres) of the TV. It doesn't appear to be interferred with from other sources like a microwave oven (don't have one) or fridge (about 1 metre away). Thanks, Rod