TPG Community

Get online support

Business Static IP

garykalinga
Level 2

Hi,

Why is it that if i change speeds or go from a usage account to an unlimited data that TPG want to change my static IP Address?

Surely a static IP address is static for an account and shouldnt change?

Gary

4 REPLIES 4
Angeli

Hi @garykalinga ,

Welcome to TPG Community!

If you are currently subscribed to a business plan (internet and home phone), the IP address will not be changed if requesting for a plan change. It will also not be affected when viewing the account usage/s.

Best regards!

garykalinga
Level 2

Hi Angeli,

you might want to get some updates on this as per your information below, i went to change speeds and it changed my static ip and then went to change from limited to unlimited and TPG changed my static ip address again.

Gary

Angeli

Hi Gary, 

We're sorry if your IP address was changed while changing the business plan but as to what I can see here, your original IP address has been reinstated. 

Let me know if you have further queries that I can assist you with. 

joannekang
Level 2

I'm getting in trouble because of that static IP address is changed when my plan upgraded from "NBN Business Cable L Bundle Fast" to "NBN Business Cable XL Bundle Fast" even I asked to sales guy do not change that static IP address that is registered for security access. 

Took the money from my credit card soooooo fast but it takes forever to reach to TPG to sort this problem and keep ping me team to team. I'ms till waiting to have a chat with department to fix this problem more than 24 hrs.

Customer service should be highest priority than take $$$ from cusomer's pocket?

One more thing, I requested to upgrade from nbn residential to business for static IP address long time ago but I'm still seeing residential product only for changing plan menu from "My account" page. What's the problem of My Accounts??