CG-NAT

SOLVED Go to solution
Richard66
Level 2
Hi all, I was just about to sign up TPG 4G broadband when I saw something about CG-NAT and printers. I have an HP Deskjet 2722e. Will I be able to use it on CG-NAT? Thanks in advance for any help/advice you can give me.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
david64
Level 15

@Richard66 .

So CGNAT only prevents you using things if you try to access them remotely? Using the printer from home should be okay? 

That's right. 

The 4G and 5G networks get a private ip address that can't be routed through the internet.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
david64
Level 15

Hi @Richard66 . CGNAT prevents access to your home network from the internet. 

Port forwarding won't work. You won't be able to print to it from outside in the internet.

If you go to 4G, and the printer is wifi only, and only 2.4Ghz band, make sure you get it working first.

Richard66
Level 2
Thank you, David64. Please excuse my ignorance. So CGNAT only prevents you using things if you try to access them remotely? Using the printer from home should be okay? Do I understand correctly? Thanks again for your help
david64
Level 15

@Richard66 .

So CGNAT only prevents you using things if you try to access them remotely? Using the printer from home should be okay? 

That's right. 

The 4G and 5G networks get a private ip address that can't be routed through the internet.

Richard66
Level 2
Thank you so much @david64. I really appreciate your help.