TPG Community

Get online support

Can I get Fixed Wireless NBN

SOLVED Go to solution
chesso74
Level 2

I live in a rural area on acreage, the closest tower is NBN enabled for fixed wireless NBN and I can see it clearly from the house and it is 4.89km away. I have contacted TPG three times, each time being told I cant get NBN.

I am looking to an answer as to why I can not get TPG Fixed Wireless NBN, I have neighbours who are connected by Telstra and some independant ISP's but I would rather stay with TPG.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Erika

Welcome to the Community!

I've searched for your account using your Community details and was able to locate your account. 

The National Broadband Network (NBN) is being rolled out across Australia. Their current plan is to rollout broadband using a mix technologies, taking advantage of existing network infrastructure (copper and cable), and upgrade it to work with the rest of the nbn broadband access network rollout.

Based on the information from NBNCo, it seems that you are eligible for the Sky Muster™ satellite service. 

The Sky Muster™ satellite service delivers the nbn™ broadband access network to homes in regional and remote Australia, via two state-of-the-art satellites. 

This is different from NBN Fixed Wireless and currently, we do not support this kind of technology for our NBN plans.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Erika

Welcome to the Community!

I've searched for your account using your Community details and was able to locate your account. 

The National Broadband Network (NBN) is being rolled out across Australia. Their current plan is to rollout broadband using a mix technologies, taking advantage of existing network infrastructure (copper and cable), and upgrade it to work with the rest of the nbn broadband access network rollout.

Based on the information from NBNCo, it seems that you are eligible for the Sky Muster™ satellite service. 

The Sky Muster™ satellite service delivers the nbn™ broadband access network to homes in regional and remote Australia, via two state-of-the-art satellites. 

This is different from NBN Fixed Wireless and currently, we do not support this kind of technology for our NBN plans.