TPG Community

Get online support

Can't get slave email password reset via phone support

SOLVED Go to solution
Mhcq2
Level 2

Hi, I need to reset the password on my slave email account.  I tried with both customer ID and username to do the online reset-password function but it gives me an error. "Notification Failed" sorry we're unable to send your temporary password and to call.

So I called today, a 50 min call including hold time and the operator attempted to initiate a reset and then came back and said it was a system issue on their end, ie. a service was down that was preventing it and to call back.  I tried again later tonight and I can initiate the password reset for the master account and for another TPG account I have, just not for this particular slave account. I'm skeptical whether it was really just a system outage causing it and I don't want to have to call again for another hour to go through the same process, especially since searching on here seems to show a history of slave password reset concerns. 

Is this something someone can look into for me?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mhcq2
Level 2

Thank you but it apparently wasn't an outage affecting it. For the benefit of anyone who is trying to resolve similar in the future. It was because there wasn't an email address in the system associated with the slave account. Once this was added in the password could be reset.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Angeli

Hi @Mhcq2

Welcome to TPG Community! 

There is currently an email outage and we encourage you to check the status here, https://support.tpg.com.au/servicestatus/Information?category_code=30&timeframe=last24&affected=Emai.... If you are unable to access the TPG email and do a password reset after the restoration, do notify us immediately. Our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Regards, 

Angeli

Mhcq2
Level 2

Thank you but it apparently wasn't an outage affecting it. For the benefit of anyone who is trying to resolve similar in the future. It was because there wasn't an email address in the system associated with the slave account. Once this was added in the password could be reset.