TPG Community

Get online support

Can't reach a particular website

SOLVED Go to solution
graham53
Level 2

A few weeks ago, all my devices (desktop, laptop and ipad, all Apple) stopped being able to reach www.mandolincafe.com. This happened after an OS update to 11.5 on the desktop MacMini with the new Apple chip. The error message comes up saying it can't connect to the server at www.mandolincafe.com. Sometimes on the ipad the message says I am not connected to the internet, but I am as every other website works just fine. I can sneak onto the mandolincafe site if I do a google search and use the link there, but after one or two pages it reverts back to 'can't connect to the server'. The mandolin cafe administrator says he can't find anything which would cause this, and as it affects all three devices could it be some setting in the modem? It is a NBN fibre to the node connection with the tp-link modem we got when the NBN connection was done a a year or two back. I have cleared the cache on the computer and done other small things whcih various help sites suggest, but no luck. Any ideas welcomed

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
graham53
Level 2

My apologies. I suspect I simply replied to your PM through email and that may not have got to you. Anyway the problem has been solved. Someone at your end has changed a setting to something techie like and the website in question is back to normal frommy point of view.

Cheers

Graham

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Shane

Hi @graham53,

Welcome to the community!

Thanks for raising this to us, do you have windows laptop that we can use to check if the website is accessible? Also, have you tried to connect using your mobile data to check if the website is accessible? To better understand the situation, send me a private message with your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file).

How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

A few weeks ago, all my devices (desktop, laptop and ipad, all Apple) stopped being able to reach www.mandolincafe.com. This happened after an OS update to 11.5 on the desktop MacMini with the new Apple chip. The error message comes up saying it can't connect to the server at www.mandolincafe.com. Sometimes on the ipad the message says I am not connected to the internet, but I am as every other website works just fine. I can sneak onto the mandolincafe site if I do a google search and use the link there, but after one or two pages it reverts back to 'can't connect to the server'. The mandolin cafe administrator says he can't find anything which would cause this, and as it affects all three devices could it be some setting in the modem? It is a NBN fibre to the node connection with the tp-link modem we got when the NBN connection was done a a year or two back. I have cleared the cache on the computer and done other small things whcih various help sites suggest, but no luck. Any ideas welcomed

graham53
Level 2

As requested, I sent a PM to Shane after which he told me  hat a tech would ring on Sunday and do some tests. It is now Tuesday evening and there has been no phone call.

Cheers

graham53
Level 2

But I just checked and the website is now available, so someone has done some magic behind the scenes. Thank you

Shane

Hi @graham53,

I responded to your initial private message and awaiting confirmation of your best contact number and preferred time. I cannot arrange a call without the confirmed contact details.

I have not yet received any reply from you.

Regards,

As requested, I sent a PM to Shane after which he told me  hat a tech would ring on Sunday and do some tests. It is now Tuesday evening and there has been no phone call.

Cheers

graham53
Level 2

My apologies. I suspect I simply replied to your PM through email and that may not have got to you. Anyway the problem has been solved. Someone at your end has changed a setting to something techie like and the website in question is back to normal frommy point of view.

Cheers

Graham

Shane

No worries, @graham53. I am glad to know that the issue has been resolved with the help of our team. Feel free to create a new thread for any future queries. Cheers!

Cheers

Graham