Cancellation

jakinocho2
Level 2

Hi Iwould like to cancel my account. I have tried for the past 14 days to speak to someone about what is happening and no one has answered. I have been working from home for the past 14 days and had to pay an extra 160 dollars to get internet from elsewhere because no one was able to tell me when I will get connected even though all I did was move from one unit to another in the same premise. I told Tpg I already had a modem and was told it would take 48 MAX FOR ME TO GET MY INTERNET ACTIVATE REMOTELY BECAUSE I ALREADY HAD NBN. 

I have officially gone to Optus and started a new contract. Since you were not able to provide me with the service you promised you would I would like to cancel and get a refund as soon as possible. I will have to report you to Ombudsman if my issue can not be resolved here. I wish you were more transparent and honest about the situation, especially during a time like this.

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
tomaz84
Level 2

@jakinocho2 wrote:

Hi Iwould like to cancel my account. I have tried for the past 14 days to speak to someone about what is happening and no one has answered. I have been working from home for the past 14 days and had to pay an extra 160 dollars to get internet from elsewhere because no one was able to tell me when I will get connected even though all I did was move from one unit to another in the same premise. I told Tpg I already had a modem and was told it would take 48 MAX FOR ME TO GET MY INTERNET ACTIVATE REMOTELY BECAUSE I ALREADY HAD NBN. 

I have officially gone to Optus and started a new contract. Since you were not able to provide me with the service you promised you would I would like to cancel and get a refund as soon as possible. I will have to report you to Ombudsman if my issue can not be resolved here. I wish you were more transparent and honest about the situation, especially during a time like this.

Thank you

I would love to hear how long it took for Optus to organise the nbn activation for you @jakinocho2.

I am facing the same issue (with another provider though) but exact same situation and the only feedback I get is that it is on nbn to provide an update... Contacted nbn and they tell me it's on tangerine to provide an update..... it's an infinite loop 

jakinocho2
Level 2

Same day with the 5G they offered me.

But even if you go with their NBN because there is no 5G in your area. They have a 4G sim card that gets you connected while you wait for the NBN. SAME DAY 

tomaz84
Level 2

Cool, thanks for the prompt reply @jakinocho2 . 

Might give Optus a go... I have 5G in my area, I hope it's worth it and I can get a good signal......

cheers