TPG Community

Get online support

Change password for slave email

SOLVED Go to solution
Wondersar
Level 2

Hi,

It is a year later and I am having the same issue where it is not recognising my postcode when trying to change the password on one of my aliases. Do we still need to call support for a reset?

Cheers,

Sara

Riezl

Hi @Wondersar , please send us a private message with your TPG customer ID, complete address and the email address you're having issue with.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community

smileham
Level 2
I am having the same issue and have attempted to call up twice with extended wait times before giving up…. I wish to reset both my children’s slave email passwords and cannot online - this is basic functionality. I can access each using the temp passwords but any attempt to permanently reset a slave password resets the primary user account instead - not particularly confidence-inspiring.
How can I resolve this without wasting hours?
drbob
Level 6

What you could do is  create new slave emails, that way you would not have to interact with any support staff. Of course this is not desirable if you want to  keep using the current email ids. I wonder if you could delete the current email ids and then re-create them with known passwords? If you give this a try, please let us know how it works out!

smileham
Level 2
Hi @drbob, Thankyou for the prompt reply - sincerely. My issue is not with the support staff but that I have found it so difficult to even establish contact - clearly I am naïve and should have come straight to the forums instead of other avenues.
I would like to keep existing slave addresses if at all possible. I would also prefer to not permanently detach them if I can help it either. Is it possible to please assist with manually resetting the two slave passwords independently to the primary account?
Any assistance would be appreciated.
drbob
Level 6

As you may have read from a previous posting on this thread, I got the password to my slave email addresses reset with the help of one of the moderators who asked me to PM him with my phone number and a time convenient for me when a support staff would call me, verify my id and change the slave password without changing the account password. During the call I made sure to stress which passwords I wanted to change and which I did not want to change, just to be sure. As there is no online means to achieve that goal, going through TPG staff was the only way. My advice is for you to send a moderator a PM (https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Welcome/How-do-I-private-message-PM-in-the-community/m-p/4093#M45) and describing what you want to achieve and at the same time providing the phone number and call window. From my personal experience I have found many TPG staff very responsive and helpful. However, someone who appeared to have "dropped the ball" is the "postmaster" - I keep losing important emails and have delayed emails.

Good luck.

seahunter68
Level 3

So TPG recognise back in 2017 that there is an issue on the back end that we can't do anything with our slave accounts.
Here we are half way through 2022 and the issue is still there!

Shane

Hi @seahunter68,

We have responded to your post located here. Let us continue the discussion over there to avoid redundancy and confusion. 

So TPG recognise back in 2017 that there is an issue on the back end that we can't do anything with our slave accounts.
Here we are half way through 2022 and the issue is still there!

adslavpw
Level 2

Again, innaccurate advice. Though you login with your slave account using the temporary password after requesting a password reset, it takes you to the account management page equivalent to your primary account, and clicking the "Change password" button only gives you the option of changing the password on your primary account, irrespective if you've logged on using the credentials of your slave account.