TPG Community

Get online support

Conflicting information re: ADSL2+ disconnection w/o available NBN

LN
Level 2
Level 2

Hi TPG

I received an ADSL2+ disconnection letter as NBN was planned for the suburb I am in for 17 November. When received, NBN rollout had been once again postponed to end of year (at the earliest). I immediately called TPG and was assured a disconnection would no longer occur until December or later when NBN becomes available. A couple weeks later I receive a call from TPG and was told again it would be disconnected. After re-iterating what I was told earlier they said it was their mistake and it was not occurring. Then I receive another call today... and this person was adament it was being disconnected - the fact it hasn't is a surprise and will occur "any day now". If I was misinformed you have left me in a poor situation to quickly wrangle a connection (and costs) for a new provider as TPG are effectively dropping availability in the area. I know I am not the only one you will be impacting.

I would like it confirmed in writing what the situation actually is.  Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Shane

Hi @LN,

Welcome to the community!

We're sad to know that there has been confusion with the copper line disconnection notice of the service. We tried to use your community details to pull up the account unfortunately it shows no matching records found. To better understand the situation, we'd like to get your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file).

For reference: How do I private message (PM) in the community

Regards,

Hi TPG

I received an ADSL2+ disconnection letter as NBN was planned for the suburb I am in for 17 November. When received, NBN rollout had been once again postponed to end of year (at the earliest). I immediately called TPG and was assured a disconnection would no longer occur until December or later when NBN becomes available. A couple weeks later I receive a call from TPG and was told again it would be disconnected. After re-iterating what I was told earlier they said it was their mistake and it was not occurring. Then I receive another call today... and this person was adament it was being disconnected - the fact it hasn't is a surprise and will occur "any day now". If I was misinformed you have left me in a poor situation to quickly wrangle a connection (and costs) for a new provider as TPG are effectively dropping availability in the area. I know I am not the only one you will be impacting.

I would like it confirmed in writing what the situation actually is.  Thanks.

LN
Level 2
Level 2

Hi Shane

PM sent. I received an email from the retention team and spoke to someone on the phone shortly after. The letter was correct and ADSL internet will be disconnected from the area regardless of NBN being unavailable.

Telstra seems to be the only fixed line option in the area now and I am organising a transfer. My only concern is losing internet access prior to the transfer.