TPG Community

Get online support

Connection keeps dropping out

PenguinKnight
Level 2

I've been having drop outs recently. this issue seems to persist more often then expected. it seems that when i restart the modem a few times it comes back then it drops out again soon after.

20 REPLIES 20
Erika

Hi @PenguinKnight,

Welcome to TPG Community!

I've used your community details and was able to find a match.

I've went ahead and check your account and see that there was an NBN network incident reported earlier today which was restored just this morning.

Can you please retest your connection and let me know how it goes?

PenguinKnight
Level 2

Hi @Erika

Yes it works fine but I'm more concerned about the number of the times it has happened in the past a month. It was not the first time that the same issue has happened.

Erika

Apologies for the trouble @PenguinKnight

While we will endeavour to make the service available to customers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, the service is not fault free and we cannot guarantee uninterrupted service. There are many factors outside of our control which affect the Services, such as the performance of third party suppliers and equipment, force majeure events and quality of the network used by our wholesale provider. 

Nevertheless, if the issue reoccurred, please let us know and we'll take it from there. 

PenguinKnight
Level 2

@Erika

i understand that some of the issues are out of hand. at the same time having this same issue 3 times in very short period of time is not what i was expecting. i would like to note that if the problem does occur in similar time frame in next a couple of months, i will be looking to switch over to another ISP as i have asked several friends about other services and has not had so much dropouts in short period of time. furthermore having to use the provided router and not being able to use i have had is very frustrating as i have asked other ISPs that they would support my prefered router.

Erika

Hi @PenguinKnight, sorry to hear that you're considering of cancelling your service due to this issue. Currently, when I've ran test on the line and the result does not show a clear conclusion that there's a physical fault. NBN technicians just recently conducted corrective maintenance to improve the service. We would appreciate if you would notify us should the issue reoccurs so that we can take necessary actions. 

On the other hand, our technical team will do their best to assist you in configuring your modem however in some cases, we suggests to contact the manufacturer for further assistance. 

Nevertheless, can you please let us know the make and model of your modem? 

PenguinKnight
Level 2

Hi @Erika

Its Asus N55U_C1. Manufacturer has given me the response saying that it would be able to run NBN on it. A friend of mine whos network engineer said it was some issue relating to VLAN Tagging if that helps.

Erika

Thanks @PenguinKnight.

Were you able to use this modem on an NBN connection previously? 

PenguinKnight
Level 2

no as i was on the adsl2 connection.

Erika

I understand @PenguinKnight

I've checked the specifics of your ASUS N55U_C1 and can see that it is a ADSL Modem Router only. The NBN HFC service requires an NBN Compatible VDSL modem. Hence, I believe this modem of yours would not work on your current service.