TPG Community

Get online support

Connection loss over ethernet with HG659

drbob
Level 6

For some time now I have been experiencing connection loss over ethernet between my PC and the HG659. When this happens, most of the time the connection can be restored by unplugging the ethernet cable from the wall socket and then re-plugging it, sometimes  a number of times. Sometimes I just give up and turn off the PC.

Has anyone else observed this problem and found a solution?

I have tried different cables without much luck. Cables have been tested with a  cable tester.

Is it possible that the HG659 requires the cable to be wired in a specific way,  for example T-568A vs T-568B?

4 REPLIES 4
Shane

Hi @drbob,

I'd like to clarify if the Huawei HG659 is directly connected to your Desktop or the modem is connected via Wall Fish type of connection.

Else, have you tried to connect your Desktop directly to the modem and see if it drops.

Please let me know.

Cheers! Smiley Happy

drbob
Level 6

I am afraid I don't know what a "Wall fish" type connection is.

My PC was originally connected directly to the modem when the problem first appeared but the PC is now connected via a network switch. I notice that when the connection is lost, the LED on the switch corresponding to the port to the modem is turned off.

Shane

Hi @drbob,

Thanks for clarifying the modem connection. I'd like to know if the issue persist while the PC is directly connected to the modem (without the a network switch).

Cheers!

JongR

@drbob wrote:

My PC was originally connected directly to the modem when the problem first appeared but the PC is now connected via a network switch.

@drbob

Try connecting your network switch to a different port at the back of the HG659.

Also, update your PC's ethernet network adapter (LAN) drivers.

Only download LAN drivers from the PC manuacturer's website if you have a pre-built desktop or laptop PC, or from the PC motherboard manufacturer's website if you custom built your PC.

Then run your network card's diagnostic utilty, which is commonly from Realtek or Intel, to determine if there's a problem with your network card, the ethernet cables, or if there are conflicting settings between network card and network switch.

Have you seen a helpful comment lately? Be sure to give it a Like.
If a reply to your question solves the problem, be sure to mark it as an Accepted Solution.