TPG Community

Get online support

Constant Dropouts on NBN HFC

itsonlybarney
Level 2

We've been having issues with our NBN HFC connection for the last few days. We lose internet for about 5-10 minutes at a time, at least 10-15 times per day at the moment. While we can work around on the weekends and outside business. This is not acceptable at the best of times, but even more so during the week with two people WFH with VPN connections to the office.

I have eliminated the issue from being on my internal network (both WiFi and Ethernet connections always dropping out). 

Whenever the dropouts occur, the TPG Supplied router shows my WAN IP address as 0.0.0.0, and the DNS are all shown as 0.0.0.0. Everytime the internet comes back up, I have a complete new WAN IP Address. 

In the space of typing this up, we have had another dropout for about 5 minutes. 

We were notified of emergency NBN Works on Friday afternoon (14/01/2022), and the dropouts have been more frequent since then. 

The NBN Status website shows there is no outage at the time of posting (using my phone). 

2 REPLIES 2
itsonlybarney
Level 2

Spoke to support, allegedly is an NBN issue, however the longer it goes on, the more often I'm getting dropouts for increasing periods of time. 

BasilDV

Hi @itsonlybarney

Welcome to the Community!

We were able to locate your account and learned that the case is already resolved.

The NBN network outage was resolved after the attending NBN technician replaced the faulty hardware in the network.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

BasilDV