TPG Community

Get online support

Constant Internet Dropouts

JRobinson21
Level 2
My internet drops out due to DNS issues multiple times per day, anywhere from 5-25 times. It takes around 5 minutes to come back usually. Today it dropped out and refuses to come back despite multiple reboots. I've tried multiple fixes on my end that I found on this forum. Sick of paying for subpar service and will be changing.
5 REPLIES 5
JRobinson21
Level 2
Update!! All I'm being told is "make sure your phone line is connected"

My phone line hasnt been touched in months and the internet would still drop out. Absolutely pathetic.
BasilDV

Hi @JRobinson21 

Welcome to TPG Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and tested the line, but was not able to detect any connection going through.

May we know who told you the statement " make sure your phone line is connected "? Are you currently speaking with one of our Tech team?

Regards,

BasilDV

JRobinson21
Level 2

Have been unable to get through to the tech team for 3 days due to "high volume of calls" so I looked to your FAQ. The DSL light on my router is flashing, indicating that my phone line isn't connected properly, yet it is. The internet is also on and working between around 8am and 3-6pm, where it cuts out and is out all night. Nothing else is connected to our phone line, and the phone line hasn't been touched. This all just started happening 3 days ago. Very frustrating.

Riezl

Hi @JRobinson21, we have escalated the issue to our Engineering Team for further investigation and a case engineer will contact you via SMS or phone call to discuss the progression of the case.

If there's a need for us to send a technician, you will be advised.

For now, please leave everything connected and on as we'll need to run additional remote testing.

We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience this issue is causing you.

Riezl

Hi @JRobinson21, our Engineering Team tried to contact you, but to no avail. As per checking, NBN Co. has investigated the issue and it appears that your service has been stable for more than a day now.

If the issue persists, please let us know so we can look into this further.