TPG Community

Get online support

D-Link DIR-X5460 - Not Authenticating

markm3977
Level 2

OK, so i am on the Ultra Fast plan since day 1....   had to go out a few years ago and buy this as there was no TPG modems that would support the 250mb speed at the time.   Went through your Recomended lists and found this one. D-Link DIR-X5460 

HAve been going good with no issues like others,  12 months ago we had a issue which is stopped authenicating   Called up fixed it with tech support. 

Almost 12 months to the day we have the same issue... 

So far today we have 

- Reset the D-Link DIR-X5460 5+ times with full refresh 

- No Firmware upgrade as set to manual 

- no Software upgrafe 

- Confirmed user and pass works, via My Account including resetting it. 

- COnfirmed that a Dial Up connection can be done via the NBN FTTP box direclty no issues there 

- Old Modem (dam slow at 80mbs compaired to the 980 that i have been getting ) but able to connect. 

D-Link DIR-X5460 - We have adjusted settings as per other lists but still no good... 

Vlan is off. 

Tripple Play we have done both ON and Off. 

Used Preset Settings for TPG, no error but will not connect 

Used Preset to Other -  Password and User Name wrong 

NO outages in area.  1 near by 20kms away 

Been on the phone for 7 hours total today, 

Currently back on the phone as the last rep didnt return call as promised. 

The solution been offered is for TPG sending me a modem that is not Recomended for the Ultra Fast Plans...  which will mena that the 980mbs connection will nolonger be as it is  higher than the max of the modem that they are recomending i be sent at a cost to me...   NO THANKS... 

I have spent 480 odd buying the recomended one as per your website today..   but it does not work even when following the guides... 

Some decent help would be nice please 

Thanks 

1 REPLY 1
david64
Level 15

Hi @markm3977 . Can you try this.

Disconnect router from NBN box. Do factory reset.

Config with Triple play Disabled. (Enable Triple play, set all values to Off or 0, then disable Triple play.)

Set to "Other", PPPoE and username and password.

If it gets the error message Password and User Name wrong , there must be something wrong with the format. Being disconnected, it has no way of knowing if it is correct. Try username with and without  @tpg.com.au.

With the router reconnected, reboot it, give it a few minutes, then check the System Log. There might be a clue. There should be a message which shows the username and password being sent.

Try this with the different config options. Reboot router each time.

What is the model of the old router? Verify that VLAN ID is disabled.