TPG Community

Get online support

DIR-X5460 won't connect to internet after every NBN maintenance outage

dftho1
Level 2
Hi there,

I see there are a number of posts in this forum regarding the X5460.

We are usually able to connect to the internet with ours, and when that happens, everything is fine.

However (extremely frustratingly), every single time we have an NBN planned maintenance outage, we’re then not able to get back online.

The NBN box is fine (four green lights), cable to the router is fine, but we’re stuck on the orange flashing light (on the router) for the internet.

We know this router works and there aren’t any issues with our connection etc (as it works pre-outage).

Has anyone else had this issue?

It is a massive pain (and from a customer perspective, isn’t right) to have to factory reset the modem every time NBN have an outage. I have no idea as to how this possibly could stop the router from working.

I also really don’t understand (and think it’s not right) why TPG have this listed as a recommended router when they’re aware of the issues it has with their configuration.

Any help would be appreciated as this is driving us crazy.
2 REPLIES 2
dftho1
Level 2
(…and of course we try turning it off and on and power-cycling etc)
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @dftho1,

The NBN outage should not affect the modem or router settings, and it must reconnect once the known issues are resolved. Let us help check what causing issues with the connection of the modem.

Could you shoot us a PM with your details so we can proceed with the investigation.

How to send a PM?

Regards,

Hi there,

I see there are a number of posts in this forum regarding the X5460.

We are usually able to connect to the internet with ours, and when that happens, everything is fine.

However (extremely frustratingly), every single time we have an NBN planned maintenance outage, we’re then not able to get back online.

The NBN box is fine (four green lights), cable to the router is fine, but we’re stuck on the orange flashing light (on the router) for the internet.

We know this router works and there aren’t any issues with our connection etc (as it works pre-outage).

Has anyone else had this issue?

It is a massive pain (and from a customer perspective, isn’t right) to have to factory reset the modem every time NBN have an outage. I have no idea as to how this possibly could stop the router from working.

I also really don’t understand (and think it’s not right) why TPG have this listed as a recommended router when they’re aware of the issues it has with their configuration.

Any help would be appreciated as this is driving us crazy.