TPG Community

Get online support

DIR-X5460 won't connect to internet

SOLVED Go to solution
36boyceb
Level 2
I can't connect to the internet with my new DIR-X5460. During the setup wizard it seems to think the username/password is incorrect but it absolutely is correct. Tried a few different settings with VLAN/Triple-Play on/off, no luck.
Also tried calling support but the line cut out after only a minute of finally speaking to someone, they text me to confirm a call back but then didn't.... Anyone on here got a X5460 that actually works with TPG? Would appreciate a screengrab of settings so I can see if there's something I'm doing wrong
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
36boyceb
Level 2
Thank you so much for the advice! I've spent today on the phone with TPG support and ultimately decided to return this modem and try another model. Tried all of your suggestions and several other configurations but it just won't connect.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
david64
Level 15

Hi @36boyceb . You only need VLAN ID setting if you are not on FTTP connection.

Try a manual setup rather than using the wizard.

Nevertheless, one user (as you've seen) couldn't get two of these working. That user also had a problem with the username and password.

On the Triple Play screen:

Triple Play Status and Priority ID both enabled;

Internet VLAN Tag enabled, VLAN ID=2, Priority=0;

IPTV and VOIP disabled;

Interface traffic type setting: Port 1 to 4: Internet.

If not connecting, there might be something in the router's system log.

david64
Level 15

@36boyceb . Looking further at the manual, when setting up PPPoE, there are Advanced Settings. Manual is unclear about the difference. Try "Static IP" and "Dynamic IP". Don't worry about filling any fields on the following screen.

36boyceb
Level 2
Thank you so much for the advice! I've spent today on the phone with TPG support and ultimately decided to return this modem and try another model. Tried all of your suggestions and several other configurations but it just won't connect.
tmc1
Level 2

I have bought this mode after change to ultrafast plan. And fortunately, I have been able to make this work by update firmware to 1.10 and use it as extended with old existing modern. 

http://support.dlink.com.au/Download/download.aspx?product=DIR-X5460

Download the firmware and upgrade manually in router settings. (the auto update feature is not working)

Reboot the modern or you may need to use factory reset until you see "the operation mode".

Change it to extended mode and wait for modern to finish procceed.

Then you will need to use the another ethernet cable(this come along with modern) and connect to Slot1 of old modern and Slot1 of DIR-X5460. Finally, you need to log back to settings and change extender settings using ethernet rather than wifi to use max capacity.

image.png

However, I will not recommend this mode for TPG because of faulty settings and you will need to reuse the old modern for it to work. I hope this method will help people who already bought it from recommendation of tpg ultrafast plan.

Cheers.

Dlinkmisery
Level 2
Hi
Same problem as everyone else with this modem. Firmware 1.11 and still no good

Before embarking on this suggested solution, wanting to check if anyone had long termsuccess with this?
Dlinkmisery
Level 2
Hi

Before embarking on this suggested solution, wanting to check if anyone had long termsuccess with this? ?
Shane

Hi @Dlinkmisery,

I responded to your initial message via PM, please check your inbox.

Regards,

Hi

Before embarking on this suggested solution, wanting to check if anyone had long termsuccess with this? ?