TPG Community

Get online support

DNS sever is not responding

Spkray
Level 2

Hi, I can't connect to the internet using Wi-Fi or with an Ethernet cable, I keep getting the message "DNS server not responding" , also my landline phone isn't working either, what could be causing this problem?

I've reset and power off the modern. It doesn't work.

The land line is also dead!! 

4 REPLIES 4
Ahra_G

Hi @Spkray

Welcome to the Community! 

Thanks for reaching out and sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with the connection. 

We might need to do real-time tests and troubleshooting to determine what's causing the issue.

I did try to search for your account using your Community details however I'm unable to find any match. Could you please send us with your Customer ID or the service address via private message so we can carry on? 

Regards,

Ahra_G

Amysatchell
Level 3
The exact same thing has been happening to me all night. I have had to work via hotspot on my phone. It’s hopeless and unacceptable.
Will

Hi @Amysatchell

Welcome to the Community!

Using your community details, we're able to check your account. It seems like you've already spoken to our Helpdesk about this concern. Our diagnostic tests show multiple dropouts on your connection due to a line fault. This has been raised to Telstra already for repair.

An SMS was sent earlier to you providing you as to when Telstra can check your line. You're NOT required to be at home.

Further updates regarding the case will be given to you by our Engineering Team. If you have other concerns, let us know so we can check it for you.

Regards,

Will

Hi  @Spkray

Thank you for providing your account details via PM.

As discussed to you via PM, your concern was already raised to Telstra for the repair when you called our Helpdesk on March 18.  An SMS was sent to you on the same day informing you when Telstra can check your line. Please refer to the SMS for the details.

At this stage, we're simply waiting for Telstra to fix the issue for us. Additional updates will be provided to you directly by our Engineering Team.

Should you have other concerns, please let us know.

Regards,