TPG Community

Get online support

DSL Keeps cutting on and off

SOLVED Go to solution
fender01
Level 2

Hello, I am currently struggling to fix an issue with my ADSL. I have replaced the filter and rj cables but to no avail. I am wondering if its the modem's problem or the line in my house. This has been occuring for over 10 weeks. I would like some help please. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mc_Gerald

Hi @fender01, I understand that our technical team has now been in touch and has escalated your issue to our Engineering department. All the line tests conducted by our phone technician with your help are passing, however, we are detecting multiple dropouts on your connection. Please allow our Engineers some time to investigate this, our Engineering team will contact you directly for any important updates.

Thanks for allowing us to assist! Don't hesitate to reach out should you need further help. -Mc

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Mc_Gerald

Hi fender01, help is here! 

My apologies for the ongoing issues with your service which is happening for over 10 weeks now. I went ahead and tested your line and I do not see any fault that can affect the stability of your connection, however I see multiple dropouts on your service.

I can see that you have already performed the basic troubleshooting, like replacing the filter and the phone cables. I will now schedule a callback from our technical team for advance troubleshooting assistance, I will ask them to contact you using the phone number on file. If you have a preferred contact number and convenient time to receive a call, please let me know so we can pass it to the team handling your case. 

Regards,
-Mc

fender01
Level 2

Thank you for assisting, I had also tried isolating my modem and switching to another modem but the ADSL would still drop off. Is there any available fix?

Mc_Gerald

Hi @fender01, our technical team is trying to contact your number to further assist you with troubleshooting, but we are unable to reach you. If you have a preferred contact number and convenient time to receive a call, please send it to us via private message so we can pass it to the team handling your case. -Mc

Mc_Gerald

Hi @fender01, I understand that our technical team has now been in touch and has escalated your issue to our Engineering department. All the line tests conducted by our phone technician with your help are passing, however, we are detecting multiple dropouts on your connection. Please allow our Engineers some time to investigate this, our Engineering team will contact you directly for any important updates.

Thanks for allowing us to assist! Don't hesitate to reach out should you need further help. -Mc