TPG Community

Get online support

Disconnected every time NBN contractor works on node and TPG/NBN won't listen

cwhoward
Level 2
For several months we have been losing our internet, often several times a day. The problem is not with our computer or modem but the NBN node itself. We live on the corner of our block where the node is (I can see it out the window). Absolutely every single time an NBN technician or subcontractor does work on the box (and this can be several times a day) as soon as they open the box our connection is lost. I have spoken to many of those technicians when they are at the corner and they seem to think that the wire connecting to our house must get stretched out or detached when the box is open. As soon as they close the box and finish, our service will resume after a few minutes later.

This has happened for months now. I lose connection when I am running classes or meetings or counselling sessions, or when my wife is in lectures. The problem is so bad I cannot do my job and have had to cancel classes or meetings I am running often midway through simply because I lose the connection and don't know when I will get it back. We are also having to use up all our phone data (from TPG conveniently) just so my wife can watch her uni classes.

Every time I call TPG the operator just lodges a ticket and TPG starts monitoring the situation and then close the ticket because the connection looks good again. It only looks good because a technician isn't there anymore and has closed up the box - as soon as another one comes (sometimes several minutes after a ticket is closed) we will lose our connection again. A few times I've been able to get them to lodge something with NBNco but then they still close the ticket. I reply asking them to treat it as an active complaint and issue and after a temporary reopening they still close the ticket. This last time I got them to reopen it on Friday because technicians cut us off twice - they starting monitoring at 4pm and closed the case again the following day because it was better. Of course, no technicians are out at that time.

I am at my wits end and am now literally losing sleep over the stress. They basically aren't listening to me and if I find an operator who understands, the person who takes over clearly isn't reading what I've said as evidenced by their monitor and close solution. I can't afford to move to mobile data as our primary connection or even backup.

Anyone with experience have any ideas on what to do? I'm absolutely desperate.
1 REPLY 1
Riezl

Hi @cwhoward, we sincerely apologise for the inconvenience this issue is causing you. We'd like to take a look at your account and help get to the bottom of this.

Please PM us your TPG customer ID, username and complete address so we can pull up the account. To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community