TPG Community

Get online support

Download speeds greater than 100Mbps

nigeltisdale
Level 2

I know I should just feel lucky that I get good speeds but can anyone answer the following.  I am on a residential FTTN NBN conection. Home to NBN exchange distance is approx 300 metres. I am signed up for a 100/40 plan and regularly get 100/38 performance.  Test just performed showed 104/38.1 so really I am one of the lucky ones !  However TPG and NBN recently carried out some unplanned / planned maintenance - immediately after the service resumed I was getting 195/38 - fantastic.  For the following 2 days I achieved 176/35 - again great.  The performance then returned to the normal 100/38.  Now I know that FTTN typically delivers the lowest speeds of all the delivery technologies - unforetunately we don't all have FTTP. (or HFC).  My question is, probably due to my specific situation - (close to exchange, new phone cabling), it has been shown that my FTTN can achieve > 100mbps downloads and therefore must be throttled.  How can I get TPG to unthrottle (albeit with a plan change ?) and deliver the full capability of my technology ie up to 195 mbps download. Cheers

1 REPLY 1
Shane

Hi @nigeltisdale,

The temporary boost of the speed might be part of the ongoing NBN speed boost offered by NBNCo. At the moment the fastest plan that we have is NBN100 which can only attain up to 100Mbps with a typical evening speed of 85Mbps. You may want to consider our small business and corporate plans with flexible options ranging from 1Gbps to 10Gbps with Symmetrical Bandwidth, 99.95% SLA and 24/7 support.

Our business plans can tailor a solution to meet your requirements at a reasonable cost. You may place an order online: https://www.tpg.com.au/business-products or by contacting our Business Solutions team at 13 42 02.

Regards,

I know I should just feel lucky that I get good speeds but can anyone answer the following.  I am on a residential FTTN NBN conection. Home to NBN exchange distance is approx 300 metres. I am signed up for a 100/40 plan and regularly get 100/38 performance.  Test just performed showed 104/38.1 so really I am one of the lucky ones !  However TPG and NBN recently carried out some unplanned / planned maintenance - immediately after the service resumed I was getting 195/38 - fantastic.  For the following 2 days I achieved 176/35 - again great.  The performance then returned to the normal 100/38.  Now I know that FTTN typically delivers the lowest speeds of all the delivery technologies - unforetunately we don't all have FTTP. (or HFC).  My question is, probably due to my specific situation - (close to exchange, new phone cabling), it has been shown that my FTTN can achieve > 100mbps downloads and therefore must be throttled.  How can I get TPG to unthrottle (albeit with a plan change ?) and deliver the full capability of my technology ie up to 195 mbps download. Cheers