I have had my NBN50 with TPG for 2 years now using the modem provided by TPG.
For the first 1.5 years, I rarely have any dropouts. But for the last 6 months or so, I seem to be getting more dropouts. Maybe once every one or two weeks. It seem to reconnect ok when I reset my modem. It is just rather annoying.
I cannot work out what the issue is - is there someway to trouble shoot this? It is just highly annoying having streams or gaming disrupted for no apparent reason.
I have checked your NBN-FTTB 50/20 service on our NBN portal nd all tests are passing at this stage.
There are different types of dropouts that you may experience:
1. Network dropouts, this dropout is caused by a line fault on TPG or NBN's network. Affecting all device(s) LAN/Wireless connected to the modem/router this may require a real-time test and investigation by our Technicians and Engineers.
2. Wireless dropouts, this issue only affects the device(s) connected via Wi-Fi which can easily be fix by doing adjustment to the modem/router's settings.
3. Dropouts caused by ongoing outage in your area.
In the event that you experience dropouts via Wireless/Wi-Fi connection, we recommend having a read on the following articles:
• Troubleshooting a Slow Internet Connection https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Featured-Articles/Slow-speed-issue/ba-p/1197
• Easy Steps to Improve Wi-Fi Connection In Your Home https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Featured-Articles/Easy-Steps-to-Improve-Wi-Fi-Connection-In-Your-Hom...
• Wireless Channel on your modem - what is it and why should I change it https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Modems-and-Devices/Wireless-Channel-on-your-modem-what-is-it-and-why...
We have also created this article that can guide you on How to Check for NBN Network Outage https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Broadband-Internet/How-to-Check-for-NBN-Network-Outage/m-p/45557#M17...