Drop outs adsl2

Ckha
Level 2
Hi,
My adsl2 keeps dropping out and im never achieving adsl2 speeds - its more like adsl1. Can you please look into this
Thanks
Cindy
10 REPLIES 10
Shane

Hi @Ckha,

Welcome to the community!

I'd love to help and see what is happening on your connection. I'd like to know on which device(s) you experience a slow connection? Have you tried to run a speed test? If yes kindly post the result on this thread.

Cheers!

Ckha
Level 2
Hi Shane,
Revisiting this. My adsl2 keeps dropping out and speeds are extremely slow. I cannot do a speed test because the adsl2 keeps dropping out.
Shane

Hi @Ckha

Thanks for raising this to us. We ran an initial test on your connection and it shows multiple dropouts and a possible line fault on the line.

We would like to confirm if you are also having issues with the home phone service like static noise or no dial tone. If so, please raise this to Telstra to check the line as it affects your Standalone ADSL2+
service.

We'll wait for your response, let us know how it will go.

Cheers!

Ckha
Level 2
Hi Shane,
No issues with the phone line, all good making calls in and out. Connectivity is somewhat stable now and just did a speed test 3M down and 0.9 up which is pretty slow and no where near adsl2+ speeds. Anything you can do to assist?
Thanks
Shane

Hi @Ckha,

Thanks for the confirmation!

We'd like to arrange a call from one of our Technicians for further test and investigation. Feel free to PM me your best contact number and preferred time tomorrow.

How to send a PM.

Regards,

Ckha
Level 2
Hi Shane,
Apologies for delayed response. Internet is acting up again, can you please test? Phone line is working fine, I cannot get a stable connection to do a speed test

thanks
Shane

Hi @Ckha

Thanks for getting back to us. We ran an initial test to your service and it shows a possible internal cabling causing dropouts and no connection network to your service.

We would like to arrange a call from one of our Technicians for real-time testing and investigation, feel free to PM me your best contact number and preferred time.

Cheers!

Ckha
Level 2
hi shane,
just pm'd my number
thanks
Shane

Hi @Ckha,

Thanks for sending me your details. I arranged one of our Technicians to call you tomorrow between 10-12NN AEST.

Make sure to keep your mobile phone available for the call and let us know how it will go.

Cheers!