TPG Community

Get online support

Dropouts and Slow Connection, Getting no-where with Tech Support

marcustieleman
Level 2

Hi BasilDV

the connection is not stable, there has not been a single morning in the last week that the connection is on... and this morning is no exception. 

I checked the logs on the router and have the following message over and over: "VoIP: every IP of the domain has been tried, but we didn't find the correct one!".

The other piece of information is that after the connection drops, the lights on the modem eventually come back on showing DSL, internet and LAN connection, but there is not actual internet..?

Riezl

We have forwarded your message to our Engineering Team so they can look into this further. You will be contacted by the case engineer once a new update becomes available.

If there's a need for us to send an NBN technician, you will be advised through SMS  or phone call.

marcustieleman
Level 2

Just closing the loop on this. After the NBN technician came out again and plugged us into a different port the connection hasn't dropped once, nightmare over!

Riezl

We are glad to know that the issue has been resolved, @marcustieleman. Feel free to message us should you require further assistance. Cheers!

bloobbs
Level 2

Same issue. Mine is even most exceedingly awful 192.168.100.1 , 192.168.1.1 , jpg to pdf  web dead immediately when download from YouTube, 400mb. What a joke haha

Riezl

Hi @bloobbs, please send us a private message with your TPG customer ID, username and complete address so we can pull up the account and help get to the bottom of this.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community

melvyncharles
Level 2
I know exactly how you feel. I was with TPG for 12 months. All good until Nov. Drop outs and rubbish speeds (0.3 download mbps). 14 straight days I rang with the same answer. "NBN problem. Have escalated. No time for resolution". On day 15 I gave up. Transferred to Telstra. Got my modem the next day. Same problem. Rang them on this Saturday. Problem solved by Sunday.
marcustieleman
Level 2

Posted too soon, nightmare not over. The DSL connection has not dropped again a few times, this service cannot be relied upon.

Riezl

Hi @marcustieleman, we are sorry to know that you are still having issues with the service. We have re-escalated your concern to our Engineering Team and a Case Engineer will contact you to discuss the progression of the case.

If there's a need for us to send a technician, you will be advised through SMS or phone call. Kindly await further updates within the day.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

marcustieleman
Level 2

An update on this. Still going round in circles. Trying my best to be patient, however it's difficult to understand the amount of time to get this resolved.

Engineering team suggested that a new modem might fix the issue. Started the day with 12 connection drops (with the previous modem), then installed the new modem and had 4 connection drops within an hour.

Also reading other peoples comments in the TPG who have had the same issue and just seems to go on forever without getting resolved. Just want someone to look and diagnose the issue properly.