TPG Community

Get online support

Dropouts are back to high frequency ...

markberk1
Level 5

Hi Guys.

I have had drop outs since NBN was connected - se my previous threads, the frequency of dropouts varied and some resolution was has with some reduction in that frequency.

But now the frequency is back more or less where it started, multiple dropouts a day. In fact around every second time I want to use my computer I can't becaue the connection has dropped out.

FYI, the last time I was disconnected the tech at the pit said he thought the wiring I am connected on was redundant, which was why he cut it and packed it away. It was in such bad condition, he said. He said at the time the wiring was rotten at the other end, and that it would be replaced soon enough.

It looks like that hasn't happened, with dropouts so numerous again. I'm not going to count them again this time, I think that's TPG's job. But if I didn't have my neighbours wifi to connect to it would be intolerable.

Will you check what's happening to my connection, and if possible get NBN to do something real about it this time?

Thanks.  M

PS Attached a pic of the broken pit lid, fwiw.

14 REPLIES 14
JovemarL

Hi @markberk1 

I've run diagnostics test on your line and everything looks normal.

Can you please send me a private message and I will have our helpdesk call you for assistance.

markberk1
Level 5

I have already replied to this message but it's not showing, see attached image and check the time.

Here it is again ...

I don't know what diagnostics you are running if you can't see multiple dropouts every day over the last weeks. Isn't there such a record of the metadata?

Maybe you mean you haven't seen any dropouts yet today? Neither have I, yet. But I haven't been on the computer much today either.

There is no point in anyone ringing me since I am part deaf and don't hear well enough on the phone. I don't need assistance, I need the line checked properly and fixed properly.

EDIT - *Speak of the devil, first dropout today (that I have seen) at 6.10pm. Then again at 6.20pm and at 6.48pm. Then again at 7.03pm, 7.10pm, 7.22pm, and 8.56pm. So far tonight ...

That's not normal or acceptable, is it?

Will

Hi @markberk1,

I have reviewed your case history and ran additional tests. We're detecting a possible line fault that will require investigation from NBNCo. I have escalated this issue to our Engineering Team for assistance. Please expect updates to be provided to you directly by a Case Engineer within 24 hours.

Regards,

markberk1
Level 5

Thanks @Will 

No doubt there is a fault, with so many dropouts. The last guy at the Telstra pit outside (Trevor), who disconnected me by mistake, said he had done so because the wiring was rotten on the other end and needs replacing.

Will

Hi @markberk1

We have already raised the issue to NBNCo and they have already acknowledged it. You may receive another SMS informing you of a technician appointment.

Regards,

markberk1
Level 5

Hi @Will 

NBN came this morning and said he changed the wire from pit to node and should be good now.

Connection seemed ok until I sat down to the computer around 6pm and the following dropouts occurred.

Looks like we're back to square one. This is what it looked like when I first got connected to NBN.

While I was compiling this post another two dropouts occurred around the 3 minute duration.

That's ten dropouts of more than 3 minutes duration each in 3 hours. Historically starting around 6pm would indicate a congestion issue at peak usage times.

Surely you have the resources to get to the bottom of this and get me a proper connection?

=======================================
30/07/2019 6:01:17 PM Log Start
---------------------------------------
Failure Start Length
30/07/2019 6:01:21 PM 0:03:33
30/07/2019 6:07:13 PM 0:00:09
30/07/2019 6:10:04 PM 0:00:05
30/07/2019 6:10:27 PM 0:03:21
30/07/2019 6:14:57 PM 0:06:27

Failure Start Length
30/07/2019 6:43:09 PM 0:03:04

Failure Start Length
30/07/2019 7:17:10 PM 0:03:02
30/07/2019 7:31:52 PM 0:03:12
30/07/2019 7:50:42 PM 0:03:17

Failure Start Length
30/07/2019 8:29:10 PM 0:03:15

Will

Hi @markberk1,

I'm sorry to hear that the dropout issue is still recurring. It appears that the ticket we've raised with NBNCo has been tagged closed already. Based on the update provided by NBNCo, they didn't find any fault at all which seems to be similar to the previous case you've raised with us back in May. Please expect a Case Officer to contact you within 24-48 hours to discuss the case further.

Regards,

markberk1
Level 5

Case Officer should contact me via email or TXT. I don't hear well enough for the phone.

I think I've raised the same issue 2 or 3 times now. And the frequency of the dropouts has fluctuated from multiples in the hour to few in the day.

The last time I got in touch about a disconnection but caught up with the tech responsible on the street, an old guy been doing cabling for donkeys years, who assured me the issue was/is rotten copper somewhere in the system.

Whatever the fault is, if you can't help this time I think I'll have to try another ISP and take a chance it can get better.

Will

Hi @markberk1,

We regret to hear that you're considering switching to another provider. We'll advise the Case Officer of your contact preference. Please allow 24-48 hours for us to get back to you on this case.