Drops outs

astro
Level 2

I have been getting more and more dropouts each day & night (recorded 6 drops outs in a 2hr period today!). The drop outs last anywhere from 5 to 15 minutes. From passed experience with TPG support they are going to just walk me through all the trouble-shooting I've already done and resolve nothing, since the internet will start back up again even before we finish trouble-shooting. Even when I try to explain to the person that I've already done all that, they still want me to do it. When I ask why they need this done, they can't even explain if they are monitoring the connection, so that tells me they don't even know why they getting me to do these things. They're just reading instructions from your script. It's incredibly frustrating and time consuming (especially for a mum who doesn't have time for time consuming jobs since the kids are always dragging you away from a phone call). 

I got a new router to see if the one we had was an issue. Still got the drop outs. 

I just cringe at the idea of having to call one of TPG's 'not so helpful' support staff where they resolve ABSOLUTE NOTHING. I tried getting someone to investigate this a few months back and got so frustrated by the whole process I gave up. Even after asking to speak to a manager, they did nothing. 

So now the drop outs have gotten so bad I'm ready to move elsewhere. But I'm wondering if these drops outs are being caused by TPG or there is actually a problem with the line.

What are the typical causes of drops outs? Do I bother moving to a new provider who may offer a more helpful service with trouble shooting drop outs, or any other issues for that matter or can someone on this forum help me? 

We are on an NBN50 plan. At most we have 5 devices that are actively connected at any one time. The drop outs seem to be random and not associated with usage or number of devices connected. 

1 REPLY 1
BasilDV

Hi @astro 

Welcome to the Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and tested the line.

There's a possible fault within the NBN network, which needs to be investigated.

The fault has been raised to our Engineering team and an assigned Engineer will be in touch with you via SMS or phone call within 24 to 48 hours as soon as an update becomes available.

BasilDV