Dynamic DNS

antc
Level 2

I have a TP-Link Archer VR1600v v2 with firmware version "1.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 190305 Rel.72906n" I have set up a Dynamic DNS account with No-IP. I am having the same issues with this account that others have reported on this forum. Namely, the router is not automatically updating No-IP with my new IP address when TPG changes it. In fact, when I go to the Dynamic DNS page, on the router, and attempt to manually login to my No-IP account I keep getting "Authentication Failed". There is NOTHING wrong with my No-IP account as I can login to their web-page with my credentials with no problems. I have confirmed with No-IP that my account is functioning. The problem is with the TPG supplied TP-Link router. Have you fixed this issue? As you can see the firmware on my router is over 2 years old. Is their a firmware load that fixes this issue?

1 REPLY 1
Shane

Can you send us your details (Username/Customer ID and the address on file). We will check this with our Team to confirm if the Dynamic DNS feature is supported by our supplied TP-Link Archer VR1600v v2. We'll provide feedback on this thread when it becomes available.

How to send a PM? - https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Welcome/How-do-I-private-message-PM-in-the-community/m-p/4093.

Regards,

I have a TP-Link Archer VR1600v v2 with firmware version "1.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 190305 Rel.72906n" I have set up a Dynamic DNS account with No-IP. I am having the same issues with this account that others have reported on this forum. Namely, the router is not automatically updating No-IP with my new IP address when TPG changes it. In fact, when I go to the Dynamic DNS page, on the router, and attempt to manually login to my No-IP account I keep getting "Authentication Failed". There is NOTHING wrong with my No-IP account as I can login to their web-page with my credentials with no problems. I have confirmed with No-IP that my account is functioning. The problem is with the TPG supplied TP-Link router. Have you fixed this issue? As you can see the firmware on my router is over 2 years old. Is their a firmware load that fixes this issue?