TPG Community

Get online support

Error 5.7.8 [TPG-A02]

SOLVED Go to solution
CDP
Level 2
Level 2
rror 5.7.8 [TPG-A02] Authentication denied. User XXXXXX@tpg.com.au is banned from using SMTP AUTH due to previous abuse

I am able to use the web browser to send/receive but my pop/smtp is not working. This is very frustrating as I would like to use my outlook program rather than the webbrowser. 

I have reset my password, reset account by removing in outlook and then reconnecting and still get the error. 

It looks like TPG has to lift this ban so that i can complete my emails. HELP!!!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JovemarL

Hi @M_P 

Okay if the issue is just the sending, we just need to update the SMTP settings.

Please follow the steps below.

1. On your iPhone Settings go to Accounts and Password
  2. Select your TPG Email that you have issue with
  3. Look for Outgoing Mail Server
  4. Click the Primary mail server
  5. Click on Authentication and Select Password then go back on the previous page
  6. Enter your TPG Username and Password
  7. Click Done.

I don't have an iPhone available at the moment to take some screenshots

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Shane

Hi @CDP,

Welcome to the community!

'SMTP AUTH due to previous abuse' email error should be fix within 30mins-2hrs after reseting your TPG password.

Please let me know if it's still the same. Kindly, PM me your email address/TPG account username. I'll have this checked.

Cheers!

simonbas
Level 2
I have the same problem!!!!

""
Error 5.7.8 [TPG-A02] Authentication denied. User XXXXXX@tpg.com.au is banned from using SMTP AUTH due to previous abuse

I am able to use the web browser to send/receive but my pop/smtp is not working. This is very frustrating as I would like to use my outlook program rather than the webbrowser. 

I have reset my password, reset account by removing in outlook and then reconnecting and still get the error. 

It looks like TPG has to lift this ban so that i can complete my emails. HELP!!!  """
Shane

Hi @simonbas,

Have you tried resetting your TPG Account Password? After 20-30mins for resetting the password should fix the error message.

Let me know how it will go.

Cheers!

JovemarL

Hi @simonbas and @CDP

Welcome to TPG Community!

You may be confuse and wants to know how does this happen and how to avoid and fix it.

How does this happen?

This issue happens if your email is either been use using a foreign IP address or if has been compromised and been use for email rely or spamming.

So if you have not use your email overseas chances are your email has been compromised and being use for spamming

Now what to do to fix the issue?

If you used your email oversease, just update your password in my account wait for 15-30 mins and you should be fine

However if you have not been overseas chances are your email have been compromised so I highly recommend to check your devices for passible viruses or malware before updating your password.

How to Avoid this?

If you need to use your email overseas just use our post office in our webpage.

Avoid suspicious websites and emails that may contain viruse and malware that can compromise your device and get your details.

M_P
Level 2
Level 2

Hi @JovemarL, thanks for your advice below. I updated my password after returning to Australia from overseas after searching that solution for the same error (cannot send emails from iPhone). However, that was a couple of days ago, and I still can't send emails from my iPhone, with a new error message (Cannot Send Mail - the username or password for "mail.tpg.com.au" is incorrect). I have updated my iPhone settings with my new password.

Thanks for any advice!

JovemarL

Hi @M_P 

The new error message points out with the new password that you've made.

It simply says that you misstype your password or the password you've enter is incorrect.

Can you please try to log in to our postoffice with your new password.

If you can log in to our post office with the new password, please re-enter it on your iPhone.

M_P
Level 2
Level 2

Thank you - I can confirm I can log in to the TPG postoffice with my new password, and have carefully re-entered the new password to my iPhone, but still get the same error when trying to send an email. I am able to receive emails to the iPhone. Are there other settings in the iPhone I need to adjust perhaps?

JovemarL

Hi @M_P 

Okay if the issue is just the sending, we just need to update the SMTP settings.

Please follow the steps below.

1. On your iPhone Settings go to Accounts and Password
  2. Select your TPG Email that you have issue with
  3. Look for Outgoing Mail Server
  4. Click the Primary mail server
  5. Click on Authentication and Select Password then go back on the previous page
  6. Enter your TPG Username and Password
  7. Click Done.

I don't have an iPhone available at the moment to take some screenshots

M_P
Level 2
Level 2

Perfect - that was the step I had missed, and all now working. Thanks @JovemarL!