TPG Community

Get online support

Error when sending emails

praewarn
Level 2

I'm using Outlook 2013 and recently started receiving the enclosed error when sending mail. (Server responded : 554 rpt-glb-asav6.external.tpg.com.au)

I have also enclosed pics of my email settings.

I have tried changing my ports to 143 incoming and 25 outgoing but both send and receive then both fail on the automatic test.

In addition to the enclosed settings I also have my outgoing server requiring authentication turned on and set to use same settings as the incoming server.

5 REPLIES 5
Angeli

Hi @praewarn

May I ask you to try the Outgoing 465 and tick SSL, Incoming 995 and tick SSL?

You could also try rebooting (not reset) the router. This will give you a new public ip address which might help the email problem.

If still not working, send an email to postmaster@tpg.com.au detailing your problem.

Regards, 

Angeli

praewarn
Level 2

Hi Angeli,

I am currently using Outgoing 465 and incoming 993.

I changed the incoming to 995 as you suggested but it then failed to log into the incoming server as part of the automatic test.

I have also tried rebooting the modem with no change.

I will send an email to postmaster as you have suggested.

Thanks for your help

Angeli

Hi @praewarn

If you require additional assistance, feel free to shoot us a message with your TPG username or customer ID. 

Regards,

Angeli

Sarkule
Level 2

Hello I am having the same issues as this person, I even tried the same fixes and got the same errors. Has this been resolved, and if so how?

BasilDV

Hi @Sarkule

Are you receiving emails, but not able to send out? Or both services are not working?

Please shoot me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number along with the email address that you are using.

Kindly include the exact error message you are receiving.

BasilDV