TPG Community

Get online support

Extremely Slow Upload Speeds

SOLVED Go to solution
gpxu
Level 2

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone is experiencing ADSL2+ issue I am having.

We have ADSL2+ for years now, but the speed seems to be dropping everyday, and the internet keeps cutting in and out.

ADSL2+ should be getting average of 10MB/s max, however I am getting around 0.2 - 1.50 MB down and ~0.50 Up.

Have tried to contacted TPG with no avail.

Is there anything else I can try? Thank you in advanced.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Will

Hi @gpxu

We tried calling your home phone to test it, but we're getting a recorded message saying "The number you have dialed is not available from this service".

Please test and see if you can ring out. The reason why we are asking you to test it is because the ADSL service is dependent on a working home phone. If your phone is not working properly, then you will need to contact your Phone provider to have it fixed first. Once the phone issue has been resolved and if you're still having trouble with the internet, then let us know so we can look into it further.

Regards,

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Riezl

Hi @gpxu,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We were unable to locate the account using your community details.

Please PM us your TPG customer ID, username and address so we can pull up the account.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community - TPG Community

Riezl

Hi @gpxu, thanks providing the account details via PM.

Did you make any changes to your home phone service? Is it still active and working?

gpxu
Level 2

Hi Riezl,

Not that I know of. We had people come in a few weeks ago to work on fixing the phone line, so this could be of issue in this case?

Riezl

Are you able to check if you are getting a dial tone? How about the quality of the call?

gpxu
Level 2

We are getting a dial tone however the quality is quite poor.

Will

Hi @gpxu

We tried calling your home phone to test it, but we're getting a recorded message saying "The number you have dialed is not available from this service".

Please test and see if you can ring out. The reason why we are asking you to test it is because the ADSL service is dependent on a working home phone. If your phone is not working properly, then you will need to contact your Phone provider to have it fixed first. Once the phone issue has been resolved and if you're still having trouble with the internet, then let us know so we can look into it further.

Regards,