TPG Community

Get online support

Extremely low internet speed (download and upload)

Neo78
Level 2

Hi All,

I have a low internet speed with my NBN25 plan. I usually download around 1.1 mbps which is cleary not a NBN25 normal speed. Upload is also super slow.

I tried to unplug and replug the modem but still same issue.

Thanks for your help.

14 REPLIES 14
Angeli

Hi @Neo78

Welcome to TPG Community!  

What speed do you get via wired connection using your computer or laptop? Kindly also confirm your TPG customer ID or username via private message.

Thanks,

Angeli

Neo78
Level 2

Hi @Angeli 

I have just sent you a PM.

Thanks!

david64
Level 15

Hi @Neo78 . The picture you provided contains a URL with   "fr"   as a country code.

Are you located in Australia and which speed test site are you using?

If you are downloading from a site in France, you may well be getting a slow transfer speed.

On second thoughts, the speed is over 1,000 KBytes/ sec, so over 8M bits/sec. That's not so bad.

Neo78
Level 2

Hi @david64 

Yes this a a speed test that I know, but same issue with all websites.

See the screenshot from a download from the Apple website.

Angeli

Hi @Neo78

Can you run a speed test via speedtest.net? Kindly share the results here.

Thanks!

Neo78
Level 2

Hi @Angeli 

See the picture attached from the speedtest.net website.

I have checked a few messages on the community forum and have seen that we can reset the connection in the background and tht it has fixed the issue for a few people

david64
Level 15

@Neo78 . Speedtest.net is not a good site. Use speedtest.telstra.com from your ethernet computer.

What type of NBN connection do you have? (NBN box  or  router connected to telephone wall socket?)

Neo78
Level 2
I have a NBN box. It is not linked to the speed test website as I download files with a slow speed from all websites (apple, Microsoft or any website)
Shane

Hey, Neo78. We ran an initial test to the service and no line fault were detected, we reset the connection on our end. Please perform another speed test and post the result on this thread to see if there will be an improvement.