TPG Community

Get online support

FTTB Internet drop outs

laujackson
Level 2
Hi TPG,

Our internet has been constantly dropping out the last couple of days. It’ll reauthenticate after a couple of minutes. I’ve given the router a power cycle and have updated to the latest available firmware. Can you assist further with troubleshooting from your end.

Please advise on how I can provide you my details.
3 REPLIES 3
Shane

Hi @laujackson,

Welcome to the community!

We apologise for the inconvenience, we are able to locate your account using your community details and ran an initial test of your service.

The test result shows your service is currently connected for 23h 42m no line faults were found on the line. We would like to confirm on which device(s) are affected by the connection dropouts.

We'll wait for your response, cheers!

HT
Level 2
Level 2
Same to my internet connection since witching from adsl2 my internet connection has been dropped out frequently. I can’t download anything could you please have a look for me?
Username:
Thanks
Hien Tran
BasilDV

Hi @HT,

Welcome to TPG Community!

We were able to locate your account using your community details and reviewed the account.

It seems that you are under our TPG NBN FTTN service with a 12/1 basic speed tier.

The modem is getting a good sync speed with no evident issues within the NBN network.

Upon checking the account, we've noticed a high upload usage which is exceeding the 1 Mbps cap on the NBN plan which causes the dropouts.

To prevent this from happening again, you need to watch over the upload activity online or upgrade your NBN plan to the standard plus 50/20, which can accommodate your online activity, especially if you are uploading high data files online.

Kind regards,

BasilDV