TPG Community

Get online support

FTTC NBN NCD WILL NOT CONNECT

Stelios
Level 2

I received my modem Wednesday around 10am. 
I called TPG to ask them what is the process of the installation around 13pm.
They told me that i have to connect my nbn box and router and to call them back and i told them that I will do that as soon as I get home around 5:30pm.
A case manager called me 4:30 and i said to her that i will do that when I get home
5:35 I plugged in the nbn box and the router/modem that TPG send me and called the nbn case manager.
They asked me if I have connect everything and how.
On the NBN box the power light was stable blue, the line light was blinking blue and the dsl light was blinking blue.
The case manager told me that i have to wait from the NBN co to finish the installation and i need to leave the nbn box and the modem on for 24 hours and that NBN co they are doing activation only certain hours during the day (10pm , 4am , 10am and 4pm.)

Still the lights are blinking and there is no sign of connection.

32 REPLIES 32
Riezl

Hi @Stelios,

Welcome to TPG Community!

Please send us a private message with your customer ID or username so we can take a look at your account and help get to the bottom of this.

To send a private message, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community - TPG Community

We'll wait for your response. Thank you.

Stelios
Level 2

Thanks for your reply.

I send you a pm.

Riezl

Thanks for your PM, @Stelios.

We will make a follow up with our Provisioning Team and will have the case manager contact you to discuss the progression of the case.

Should you have a preferred contact number and time, please send it via private message. Thank you.

Riezl

Hi @Stelios, we have already made a follow up with our Provisioning Team and we have advised the case manager to contact you as soon as possible.

We'll continue monitoring the account and keep you posted for updates where possible.

Stelios
Level 2

Thank you very much for the follow up.

Riezl

Hi @Stelios, we have tested the line and we are getting a failing result at the moment. That being said, we may need to send a technician to investigate what is causing the issue

While we are still investigating, you may re-connect the ADSL modem for temporary connection as the ADSL service shows that it is still active.

We apologise for the inconvenience this issue is causing you, but please be assured that we will continue chasing this matter with our Provisioning Team and will have the case manager contact you as soon as new update becomes available.

Stelios
Level 2

Hi riezl,

I just spoke ( I called them ) with one of the case managers(her name is Mich)  and they told me that I have to leave on the nbn box and router for 24 hours.

I told her that you said that you can see a problem in the line and propably you have to send a technichian and she said again you have to leave your device on for 24 hours.

I mentioned to her that the adsl connection it is working fine so it can't be an issue with the line inside my plce and it should be somthing on the pit.

The last time a tpg technician came in my place it was around 2 months ago (when they were doing some nbn work outside on the road) and he just came to verify what i were telling to the customer support.

Is it nessecery to send a technician again just to verify that everything is working inside????? and after that to orginise an NBN co technician???

What you suggest me to do? Do i have to leave the nbn box still on or can I re-connect the adsl modem?

Thank you very much

Riezl

Hi @Stelios, we can see that the previous technician was able to prove that the internal wirings are okay, thus we will now send an NBN Technician to check the line outside.

Furthermore, we strongly recommend that you disconnect the NBN equipment and reconnect the ADSL modem for you to get a working internet connection while we are still waiting for the technician appointment and the investigation to be completed.

We will continue monitoring this and will be in touch as soon as the technician schedule becomes available.

Stelios
Level 2

Hi again Riezl,

One of your case managercalled me 5 minutes ago and told me exactly what the case manager told me in the morning. They have escalated that to the engeneering team.

Do i have to follow your instructions or their instructions???

I am a litle bit confused so please can you get in contact with them and let me know???

I really apriciate your help and your feedback.