TPG Community

Get online support

FTTC how to read sync speed

SOLVED Go to solution
Tha89
Level 3

Hello Moderators,

I got FTTC. In the old days of adsl, the sync speed is read from the DSL part of the router. However, for FTTC, this part is all zeroes. Is there any way to read the FTTC sync speed from the customer end?

Best Regards,

Thanh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Erika

Hi @Tha89

Currently, this is how our network has been designed and it would not be possible for these details to be visible in your interface. 

Nonetheless, we appreciate your feedback and for bringing this matter to our attention. This will be utilised in our ongoing efforts to further improve our services.

Regards, 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Shane

Hi @Tha89,

Welcome to the community!

You can also check the Sync Speed of your connection from the supplied modem/router.

Simply log-in to modem's page ( 192.168.1.1 )

Click on 'Status' and 'Advanced'

Please see screen shot below.

SyncSpeed.png

scroll down

SyncSpeed2.png

Let me know should you require further assistance. 😊

Regards,

Tha89
Level 3

Hello @Shane

Thanks for the information. I have gone to this page on 192.168.1.1 several times before asking the questions. I tried it again. It seems that it all data is zero as the following

dsl_speed1.jpg

I mean the information is not on this page. All data seems to be zero.

Is there any setup on the TP Link to be done to enable sync speed reading?

In the picture that you sent in your mail, the data is also all zero.

Best Regards,

Thanh

Erika

Hi @Tha89

FTTC is not VDSL uplink, it is ethernet uplink. The screenshot you've provided is a normal behaviour.

Let us know should you need further assistance. 

Regards, 

Tha89
Level 3

Hello @Erika

Thx for the information about Ethenet uplink nature of FTTC.

I still need to know if it is possible to read the sync speed of the FTTC from the end user side?

If it is possible, where can we read it?

Best Regards,

Thanh

Erika

Hi @Tha89

Currently, this is how our network has been designed and it would not be possible for these details to be visible in your interface. 

Nonetheless, we appreciate your feedback and for bringing this matter to our attention. This will be utilised in our ongoing efforts to further improve our services.

Regards,