TPG Community

Get online support

Fixed Wireless Dropouts, slow speed and wrong technology.

philiphepner
Level 2

Multiple times a day, the internet connection drops out and goes to a new IP address. In rainy and stormy weather, the speed drops away and disconnections are more frequent. Given the choice of Fixed Wireless by NBN for my area seems inappropriate given there is no line of sight due to hundreds of trees and that this goes against the NBNCO design rules (yes, they did not follow their own rules), I suspect this is outside of TPG's control, however, we must go through TPG and can't approach NBNCO directly. Sigh. 

I contrast my location with Wye River, which has a similar number of trees and similar terrain, but they have Fibre to the premises. It would be easier to install Fibre in my area than it would in Wye River. Could it be that a former state premier has a house there, or that it is a higher socioeconomic group of property owners?

Is it possible to get NBNCO to install a technology that works in my area, rather than one the is at best patchy?

1 REPLY 1
Shane

Hi @philiphepner ,

Welcome to the community!

We are sad to know that you're having issues with the service. It is normal for the IP address to change because TPG NBN residential service comes with Dynamic IP address.

I would love to help and get to the bottom of this, to better understand the situation shoot me a private message with your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the address on file). Also cinlude your best contact number and preferred time. 

How do I private message (PM) in the community 

On the other hand,  NBN roll out date is determined by NBN Co, TPG do not have control with this but if you wish to get a different NBN Technology you may visit this link

Regards,

@philiphepner wrote:

Multiple times a day, the internet connection drops out and goes to a new IP address. In rainy and stormy weather, the speed drops away and disconnections are more frequent. Given the choice of Fixed Wireless by NBN for my area seems inappropriate given there is no line of sight due to hundreds of trees and that this goes against the NBNCO design rules (yes, they did not follow their own rules), I suspect this is outside of TPG's control, however, we must go through TPG and can't approach NBNCO directly. Sigh. 

I contrast my location with Wye River, which has a similar number of trees and similar terrain, but they have Fibre to the premises. It would be easier to install Fibre in my area than it would in Wye River. Could it be that a former state premier has a house there, or that it is a higher socioeconomic group of property owners?

Is it possible to get NBNCO to install a technology that works in my area, rather than one the is at best patchy?