TPG Community

Get online support

Free Internet Speed Boost - Amazing first Indications

webbpj
Level 2

TPG free upgrade email for my HFC Superfast 100 NBN was received on 24/2/21 but as yet no email regarding confirmation.

Speed tests tonight however are exciting indicating the service has changed.

Desktop PC with GB Ethernet direct to the TPG router: 

Download 310Mbps  Upload 47Mbps

Iphone using 5GHz WiFi:

Download 290Mbps  Upload 46Mbps

Previously, the best was a very fast Download of 95Mbps, Upload 35Mbps.

Q1:  I have yet to receive a final email thus can I assume that TPG is still in the testing process for the upgrade?

Q2:  Will the final roll out provide the amazing speed increases indicated by my tests?

Q3:  Is speedtest.net telling the truth about speeds?

If these speeds are realised in the final roll out, I will be singing TPG's praises to all who will listen, and if so then a huge "Well done" to TPG.

1 REPLY 1
Shane

Hi @webbpj ,

Wow! We're glad to know that the NBN free speed boost has been applied. To answer your questions. Yes, NBN Free Speed boost is still being rolled out. Interms of your question regarding to speed test, the speed may vary as the actual speed may be slower due to many factors including type/source of content being downloaded, hardware and software configuration, the number of users simultaneously using the network and performance of interconnecting infrastructure not operated by TPG.

Also please take note that devices connected by Wi-Fi may experience slower speeds than those connected by Ethernet cable, but getting 300mbps on wired connection and 290mbps on Wireless is a great speed.

@webbpj wrote:

TPG free upgrade email for my HFC Superfast 100 NBN was received on 24/2/21 but as yet no email regarding confirmation.

Speed tests tonight however are exciting indicating the service has changed.

Desktop PC with GB Ethernet direct to the TPG router: 

Download 310Mbps  Upload 47Mbps

Iphone using 5GHz WiFi:

Download 290Mbps  Upload 46Mbps

Previously, the best was a very fast Download of 95Mbps, Upload 35Mbps.

Q1:  I have yet to receive a final email thus can I assume that TPG is still in the testing process for the upgrade?

Q2:  Will the final roll out provide the amazing speed increases indicated by my tests?

Q3:  Is speedtest.net telling the truth about speeds?

If these speeds are realised in the final roll out, I will be singing TPG's praises to all who will listen, and if so then a huge "Well done" to TPG.