TPG Community

Get online support

Free Upgrade to FTTP

Will7718
Level 2

Hi TPG,

I received junk mail from Aussie broadband that I am eligible for a free upgrade to FTTP if I go with them (It would be a plan increase).

I double checked on the NBN site and they confirm this.

Does TPG offer this upgrade too? Ideally, I would like to stay with you guys as I have no complaints really so far. However, I would really like a faster service as I currently pay to get the fastest for my house but that still can’t get as fast as I am paying for. (The plan below is slower than I can get here).

Thanks
Will

12 REPLIES 12
Rica_R

Hi @Will7718

Thanks for reaching out. 

TPG will be participating in the NBN Fibre Connect Program soon. If you're interested, we can register your details and notify you as soon as it's ready on your address.

Please confirm your address and account details via PM to proceed. To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community.

Regards,

ikerris
Level 2

@Rica_R wrote:

Hi @Will7718

Thanks for reaching out. 

TPG will be participating in the NBN Fibre Connect Program soon. If you're interested, we can register your details and notify you as soon as it's ready on your address.

Please confirm your address and account details via PM to proceed. To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community.

Regards,

Hi @Rica_R ,

I'm interested as well in being on the waitlist given my area (Deer Park) has been eligible since my area (Deer Park) has been eligible since 2021:

https://www.nbnco.com.au/residential/upgrades/fttp-upgrade-with-higher-speed-tiers

Announced in May 2021:

Aireys Inlet, Albert Park, Alfredton, Barwon Heads, Belmont, Berwick, Caroline Springs, Cowes, Craigieburn, Deer Park (additional footprint), Delacombe, Derrimut, Echuca, Fairhaven, Geelong, Geelong West, Grovedale, Hampton Park, Hastings, Highton, Kalimna, Kangaroo Flat, Lakes Entrance, Leopold, Mernda, Mornington, Ocean Grove, Pakenham, Pearcedale, Rosebud, Sebastopol, Seymour, Somerville, Sunshine West, Tarneit, Torquay, Traralgon, Warrnambool, Waurn Ponds, West Wodonga, Wodonga.

Announced in February 2021:

Berwick South, Cranbourne, Deer Park, additional areas of Narre Warren, Sydenham.

Given how often the question seems to be appearing on the firums, I'm a little surprised there hasn't been anything announced from TPG or in the FAQ's about the upgrade program as yet or even whether there will be any announcements at this point.

Regards,

Ian

BasilDV

Hi @ikerris

Since your area is listed for the NBN FTTP upgrade, we'd like to register your interest for us to notify you once the upgrade is available.

Shoot me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number along with your updated email address that is linked to the account.

BasilDV

ikerris
Level 2

@BasilDV wrote:

Hi @ikerris

Since your area is listed for the NBN FTTP upgrade, we'd like to register your interest for us to notify you once the upgrade is available.

Shoot me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number along with your updated email address that is linked to the account.

BasilDV

Hi @BasilDV 

Apologies for the lateness of the reply, but PM sent.

Regards,

Ian

anilamar7
Level 2

@BasilDV Hey Basil, i tried following the instructions to DM however it didn't work.

Shane

Hi @anilamar7,

Please check your inbox, I sent you a message you may reply to me the account details.

Regards,

@BasilDV Hey Basil, i tried following the instructions to DM however it didn't work.

ikerris
Level 2

@BasilDV wrote:

Hi @ikerris

BasilDV

Hi @BasilDV 

Has there been any update on this?

I had notification from NBNCo on 06/10 that I was eligible for the upgrade.

Called TPG on the same day to advise and register as well and haven't heard a thing since...

BasilDV

Hi @ikerris

Once the upgrade is ready to be installed in the premises, our team will be in touch with you via Phone call and/or Email.

BasilDV

ikerris
Level 2

@BasilDV wrote:

Hi @ikerris

Once the upgrade is ready to be installed in the premises, our team will be in touch with you via Phone call and/or Email.

BasilDV

Hi @BasilDV 

Thanks for the update. I presume that as yet there's no ETA (or that's NBNCo dependant)?

Regards,

Ian