TPG Community

Get online support

Frequent NBN FTTN dropouts and low speeds

TubbyT
Level 2

Have been connected to NBN FTTN since 10 October 2020. Everyday there are multiple dropouts affecting wifi and LAN services. Conservatively a minimum of 10 times at 2 or 3 time periods in the day. Both DSL and Internet lights go out on Archer VR1600v modem. Usually the DSL light will start blinking and after a minute or two the internet gets back up and running. But sometimes it doesn't and either the internet light stays off or both the DSL and Internet lights don't come back on. The modem then needs to be switched off and then back on.

5 REPLIES 5
Shane

Hi @TubbyT ,

Welcome to the community!

We're sad to know that you're having issues with the service. We're able to locate the account using your community details and ran an initial test. The result shows a possible line fault causingg dropouts, we raised this to our Engineering Team for further handling and investigation.

Assessment may take 24-48hrs and updates will be provided via SMS or Phone call by one of our Engineers. We apologise for any inconvenience, let us know should you require further assistance.

Regards,

@TubbyT wrote:

Have been connected to NBN FTTN since 10 October 2020. Everyday there are multiple dropouts affecting wifi and LAN services. Conservatively a minimum of 10 times at 2 or 3 time periods in the day. Both DSL and Internet lights go out on Archer VR1600v modem. Usually the DSL light will start blinking and after a minute or two the internet gets back up and running. But sometimes it doesn't and either the internet light stays off or both the DSL and Internet lights don't come back on. The modem then needs to be switched off and then back on.

TubbyT
Level 2

NBN Tech came today and checked

• all of the old phone ports
  • data ports.
  • telstra supply (grey box attached to house)
  • ran diagnostics
  • Checked the street pillar 1km away
  • Had NBN run diagnostics on the supply line and reset 

All came up good with no noticible issues.

Tech suggested that tpg supplied modem would be the next thing to rule out as a possible issue. Also suggested that ISP run a log to monitor drop outs.

Forgot to mention - it still is dropping out

Ahra_G

Hi @TubbyT

We're sorry to learn that you are still experiencing drop outs on the connection. 

I'll get in touch with the assigned Engineer so they can assist you further. 

Kindly wait for a call today. 

-Ahra_G

TubbyT
Level 2

Dear TPG

I have had multiple technicians here to try to fix my NBN dropouts. I still have multiple drop outs in any given day.

1600 dropouts in a month is just not acceptable.

With this trechnology I don't even have a reliable telephone.

Time has come for us to part ways. 

I would like to exit my Contract without penalty. I am not getting what I paid for.

If you try to enforce cancellation fees on me I will be going to the Telecmmunications Industry Ombudsman.

Regards

Ahra_G

Hi @TubbyT

We're truly sorry for the inconvenience the connection issue is causing you. 

NBN technologies such as FTTN and FTTB are affected by the infrastructure limitation of the legacy copper network, thus directly affecting the attainable speeds as well the stability of the connection. 

However, we understand that your speed is not stable and this matter has already been raised to our Engineering team for investigation and to check what can be done to improve your connection. 

Updates will be provided as soon as it becomes available. 

Regards,

Ahra_G