TPG Community

Get online support

HFC NBN 100 constant dropouts

UC
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

In the last 2 months i have exprienced constant dropouts on TPG HFC NBN 100. The weekjust past i had dropout every 1-2 hours during the day, which became worse in the early evening (every 10-15 mins). the arris modem however did NOT drop out, it appeared to always be the HG695 gateway that was dropping the connection.

It almost makes the service unusable, i have logged a support case and the only help was hard reset which i have done but it hasnt resolved the problem.

I have foxtel coming over the same HFC cable, and have had no issues with my foxtel connection. Is there some way this can be actually investigated rather than giving me an answer of hard reset which doesnt solve the problem.

9 REPLIES 9
Shane

Hi @UC,

Welcome to the community!

I would love to help and see what causes dropouts on your connection. I tried to use your community details, but no match. Kindly PM me your account details (Username/Customer ID or Contact number associated with the account) and I will run initial tests to your connection.

Regards,

Shane

Hi @UC,

Thanks for sending me your details. I ran an initial test on your service and it shows multiple dropouts on your connection.

I would like to arrange a call from one of our Technicians for further tests and investigation.

Kindly PM me your best contact number and preferred time today.

Regards,

Shane

Hi @UC,

Thanks for sending me your details. Yes, you will need to be at home for testing purposes.

Let me know if you're at home at the moment or your preferred contact time today

Regards,

Shane

Hi @UC,

I will arrange a call from one of our Technicians today between 4-5PM AEST.

Let me know how it will go.

Cheers!

Shane

Hi @UC,

I've seen that you have been in touch with one of our Technicians unfortunately you're not at the premise.

Let me know should you require further assistance.

Regards,

UC
Level 2
Level 2

Hi Shane,

I had posted that i was at home on the 15-8-17, the call was a day after when i was at work. So yes i did speak to support and asked to be called at 730pm when i got home....im currently waiting for a call.....

Regards,

UC..

Shane

Hi @UC,

I will chase this up with our Technicians and request for another call. Please make sure to keep your lines open.

Regards,

Shane

Hi @UC, I've seen that you have been in touch with one of the technicians, this issue has been escalated to our Engineering Team. I don’t have any further updates differing from what has already been communicated to you. Your experience is important to us and we will be keeping a close eye on your case and will provide you with updates where possible.

Shane

Hi @UC, I've seen that you have been in touch with one of the technicians, this issue has been escalated to our Engineering Team. I don’t have any further updates differing from what has already been communicated to you. Your connection is currently under assessment and investigation. Updates will be provided where is possible.