TPG Community

Get online support

HFC NBN connection drops out or is very slow between 9:30am and 5pm weeksdays

kaanage
Level 3

I am getting very frequent dropouts between 9:30am and 5pm weeksdays or else when it does connect, my speeds are usually very slow. The Arris CM8200 NBN box always has all 4 green light on and steady but the TPG supplied TPLink VR1600v modem/router is continually loosing connection.

It's usually disconnected, the ip address keeps changing with reconnects and sometimes the ip address falls back to 0.0.0.0 because it has been disconnected for so long. The diagnostics can fail at any of the 3 stages when testing.

Is the problem due to NBN underprovisioning our area or is it at the TPG side? USUALLY, outside these hours, our NBN connection works but I have had to resort to mobile broadband for use during the day..

I will add that prior to about 3 weeks ago, our connection was very reliable and fast. It seems to have started around the Easter school holiday period when the Stage 3 CoViD-19 restrictions came into force.

6 REPLIES 6
luisc

Hi kaanage,

It seems an issue on the authentication.

Have you perform any troubleshooting on your service?

- Check power adaptor for the TPG modem is the correct one.

- Power off the NTD (black box) for like 5 min and power on up to got 4 lights again back.

- Factory reset the TPG modem (pinhole for 10sec or access it via web).

Please let me know if so or you can PM

Thanks

kaanage
Level 3

Sorry but authentication is absolutely not the cause of my issues.

I have PM'd you with further details

Thanks

kaanage
Level 3

This problem is still affecting my NBN and luisc has not responded to my PM

Can anyone else please advise me on this?

luisc

Hi

I sent you a PM, please review it.

Thanks

kaanage
Level 3

Hello

This issue magically disappeared at June but has been occuring again since the start of this month. Exactly the same problem as first posted. Our TPG supplied modem (Archer VR1600v) and the grey NBN modem (Arris CM8200) work fine.

The NBN site says there are no outages in our area.

Can anyone help?

Riezl

Hi @kaanage, please send us a private message with your TPG customer ID, username and complete address so we can pull up the account and help get to the bottom of this.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community