TPG Community

Get online support

HFC connection - 4 NBN tech visits, still drops out

Johnw
Level 2

Hi all,

I've had TPG HFC NBN for about a month. Since the connection was established, the internet randomly drops out multiple times per day. Sometimes a couple of times per hour, other times 1-2 times per day.

4 different NBN contractors have visited my premesis in the past 3 weeks, and each time have stated that the issue is fixed.

The first tech told me that there was a network configuration issue, which a back-end NBN change was required and would take 2 business days to resolve, no further action requred. I phoned TPG 2 days later and was advised another tech would need to come out to fix the issue.

The second tech told me that the co-ax cable needed to be attenuated as the upstream dB reading was outside the tolerances. He completed the job, left and later that day the net began dropped out again.

The third tech told me that a couple of parts needed replacing outside my premesis which he did, and then told me that the job was done. The next day, the net began dropped out again.

Yesterday, a fourth tech visited and stated that there was an external issue which had been resolved recently, and the internal cabling needed to be re-attenuated. The net was stable all of yesterday but this afternoon has dropped out again. To note, the nbnco portal is stating there are no outages in my area.

I am pretty close to giving up and going with a 4G or fixed wireless solution with another provider as I am working from home and require stable internet access. Can anyone advise me, or help me with an NBN escalation to get someone out here who can view the network end-to-end to have this issue fixed properly?

1 REPLY 1
KarlB

Hi @Johnw,

Welcome to the community,

Could you please send me a PM (private message) with your Full Name, CID (customer identication number) and your mobile phone number, so I can take a look at your service?

Regards,

Karl