TPG Community

Get online support

Have good dial tone but ADSL2+ speed slow and dropouts

SOLVED Go to solution
starbros
Level 2

Hi,

I'm able to make and receive phone calls without any noise on the line. However everytime I make or receive a phone call my ADSL2+ disconnects.

My ADSL2+ modem now syncs at about 3,000 Kbps when before I was syncing at 19,000+ Kbps.

Speedtest Results

I get a ADSL2+ dropout at about every hour or so.

I have tried the following but still get slow speeds and dropouts

* Isolation test with only the ADSL2+ modem connected.

* Isolation test with ADSL2+ modem and filter connected.

* Replace the all the RJ11 cables

* Replace the ADSL2+ line filter

* Replace the ADSL2+ modem

Can you please help me.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
starbros
Level 2

I have called my home phone provider and they came in fix my phone line this morning. My ADSL2+ internet is fast with no dropouts.

Thank you for your help.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Shane

Hi @starbros,

Welcome to the community!

After all the troubleshooting you've made but still the dropout and slow connection persist, there might be a possible line issue causing this.

I tried to use your community details to pull up the account unfortunately it shows a mobile account. I would love to help and get the bottom of this.

Kindly PM us your account details (Username/Customer ID together with the complete address on file).

In case you need a reference: How to send a PM.

Cheers!

Shane

Hi @starbros,

Thanks for sending me your details. I ran initial tests on your service and it shows a possible line fault causing slow connection on the line. However, for a standalone ADSL2+ service we need to confirm if you're having difficulty using your home phone service as it will affect your internet service with TPG.

If you're having static, noise or no dial tone on your home phone, I recommend to raise this with the Home phone provider for further investigation. I will wait for your response. Cheers!

starbros
Level 2

I have called my home phone provider and they came in fix my phone line this morning. My ADSL2+ internet is fast with no dropouts.

Thank you for your help.