High Ping

highping123
Level 3

From at least 8AM today I have had 150 ping with my FTTB connection, 90down and 40up but 150 ping.

This is happening to multiple people.

I live in Melbourne CBD and cannot get through to anyone to talk about it.

Just any update or information would be helpful.

24 REPLIES 24
JayeshP9

Welcome to TPG Community,

You can private message to me your customer ID, username, service address or mobile number so i can check status here.

regards

JayeshP9

Ken-C

highping123
Level 3

done

highping123
Level 3

Am I going to get a reply within 24 hours?

highping123
Level 3

username: leoharney

JayeshP9

Hi highping123,

We haven't got any report for any other customer for that area and anyway all remote tests are passing, possible issue could be communication between your device to router.

can you tell me more about your set up and how many devices are in use right now  and how your devices are connected? 

regards

JayeshP9.

highping123
Level 3

it is not a device issue, multiple people I know who live in NSW and VIC are having the same issue. 

JayeshP9

Hi highping123,

Are you able to do speed test with one device over wired  and attached for me. It would be great if turn off wireless from router and try test with wired connection and then you can try via wireless  5G  meanwhile i am performing some test here.

http://tpg.speedtestcustom.com/

regards

JayeshP9.

highping123
Level 3

93.5 down
38 up
14 ping

However when I connect to a game server (league of legends) I get 150 ping. The game server is in Sydney, could it potentially be linked to your outages in NSW?