TPG Community

Get online support

High ping every 30 seconds

legaless
Level 2

I have been ahving for the past 5 days high lag spikes where my ping jumps to 300 every 30 seconds. Ive called TPG about this and they have made me run tests which i sent abck 3 days ago and yet havent gotten a response. (most likely because everything is ok on their end) 

Ping statistics for 192.168.1.1:
    Packets: Sent = 1000, Received = 1000, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 132ms, Average = 4ms
Ping statistics for 203.219.198.8:
    Minimum = 4ms, Maximum = 740ms, Average = 14ms
Ping statistics for 203.26.27.38:
    Minimum = 5ms, Maximum = 1035ms, Average = 18ms

Ping statistics for 151.101.29.140:
    Minimum = 5ms, Maximum = 1131ms, Average = 23ms

image.png

image.png

3:25pm

image.pngthese are all the tests ive done and the results are around the same on many devices. Yes ive reset the internet both boxes many times.
4 REPLIES 4
legaless
Level 2

my user id is 3434084 

david64
Level 15

Hi @legaless . I assume you are doing these tests on your computer? Is it using ethernet or wifi?

For the test, you need to make sure your computer is the only device doing anything. For the router test, you can disconnect the NBN box.

If ethernet, the response times to 192.168.1.1 should be 1 ms. This is preferred method.

If by wifi, the response times will be a bit erratic. Do the test up close to router.

If you run the ping 1000 times (-n 1000), that is long enough to see what happens every 30 seconds.

legaless
Level 2

im using wifi and when the tests were done the computer was the only device running. Ive called tpg countless times now and they have only said there is no issue on their side so theres nothing they can do. I assuming by these tests bein ran on multiple devices as well that its a hardware issue within the modern or damaged cables as this is only a recent devlopment in the past 5 days.

Riezl

Hi @legaless ,please send us a private message wit your TPG customer ID, username and complete address so we can pull up the account and help with your concern.

To send a PM, please refer to this link: How do I private message (PM) in the community