TPG Community

Get online support

How many gigabytes is included on the Unlimited NBN plans?

SOLVED Go to solution
nhk
Level 3
Level 3

So just curious as I received an email from TPG informing me that I have used too many gigabytes over my limit of Unlimited and despite contacting TPG via email and over the phone no one has been able to tell me how many gigabytes is included in the Unlimited bundles on the NBN?

it's weird because I thought the ACCC was quite clear about advertising Unlimited plans with strict limits as being quite naughty and I'm sure many ISPs (TPG included) have been down this path before.

So TPG reps, how many gigabytes is included in my NBN unlimited plan?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KarenC

Dear All,

TPG offers residential plans which are not for commercial use. We have the right to query end users if we suspect services could be for commercial use, to ensure we manage our costs and continue providing the best value plans to our customers.

TPG has completed its investigations. If you haven’t received any termination notice from us, we will not be disconnecting the service.

Thank you for your continued support of TPG.

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
stannfrety
Level 3

you should post a screenshot of the email, that might get some response.

make sure you include the headers of the email so they know that it came from a tpg IP adress and is legit

nhk
Level 3
Level 3

it's legit. I'm one of many that received it. TPG know exactly what I'm talking about but have gone out of their way to ignore the issue ever since sending them out. So I'd like an official response before going to the TIO over the  threats of disconnecting my service for going over my limit on unlimited.

stannfrety
Level 3

lol i know its legit, it will just make TPG look even worse if you post a screenshot of it

Elss
Level 3

I dont know that TPG has ever disconnected customers in it's many years since it ruled the Austrlian Unlimited space- I dont know anyone personally.

TPG has in its terms and in its advertising that the products are for residential and not commercial purposes. 

stannfrety
Level 3

lol i can download terabytes and upload terabytes on a home NBN connection that has nothing to do with commerical use

nhk
Level 3
Level 3

well it comes as absolutely no surprise that the absolutely PATHETIC response to this thread from TPG reps has been the same as everywhere else.

completely ignore the issue and wait for it to disappear. TPG pissed away 15 years of being loyal to the brand in the blink of an eye and instead of apologising or clarifying threatening emails received by many of us, just hide out and close their eyes

stannfrety
Level 3

i hear birds chirping, crickets cricketing and see tumbleweeds everywhere but not a REP in sight

Japius
Level 2
Very interested in an official response to this, I've seen the posts on whirlpool and on TPGs Facebook page with no real response from TPG. And seeing as how more and more users seem to be getting these notices I think it warrants an open and transparent response. Especially since the letters seem to say if you don't justify your usage the next step could be disconnection it is rather threatening. So TPG what is the magic number that triggers these letters?
stannfrety
Level 3

hhhmmm i see more tumbleweeds