TPG Community

Get online support

How to cancel technical support

SOLVED Go to solution
thomaswri
Level 2

I was having issues reconnecting to NBN yesterday after moving my FTTC internal box (same socket, just different cable). It was flashing blue, clicking, and not connecting after hours. I rang TPG support and they escalated it to engineering. Overnight, however, the flashing light has turned solid and the issue appears to be resolved.

Is there a way that I can cancel the support ticket - a tech is supposed to be coming today (like, now-ish), but I wish to cancel as everything is working again. I've called TPG but like always, 50 minute wait time and they'll call me back, but just wanting to save the tech some time in having to come out!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
thomaswri
Level 2

Yeah, from my reading, it seemed that it was a reverse power issue with the DPU (or something!), so I don't think I was doing anything wrong. I left it all plugged in last night when I went to bed, and had the tech appointment for 8-12 today, and when I went downstairs at 7am, all the lights were on. It must have sorted itself out during the night (maybe the DPU does a nightly reset or something?). I had left it plugged in for hours yesterday and it just clicked and flashed away, so either it was a time fix (which I doubt), or something on TPG's side reset and allowed the connection to happen.

I rang TPG customer service and got a call back, and make sure the tech was cancelled - they said that it all looked resolved from their end, so no callout was needed. So yeah, good outcome.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
david64
Level 15

Hi @thomaswri . If the tech does show up, he should check the FTTC box and the unit under footpath. The clicking shouldn't take hours to resolve. Maybe 15 minutes.

thomaswri
Level 2

Yeah, from my reading, it seemed that it was a reverse power issue with the DPU (or something!), so I don't think I was doing anything wrong. I left it all plugged in last night when I went to bed, and had the tech appointment for 8-12 today, and when I went downstairs at 7am, all the lights were on. It must have sorted itself out during the night (maybe the DPU does a nightly reset or something?). I had left it plugged in for hours yesterday and it just clicked and flashed away, so either it was a time fix (which I doubt), or something on TPG's side reset and allowed the connection to happen.

I rang TPG customer service and got a call back, and make sure the tech was cancelled - they said that it all looked resolved from their end, so no callout was needed. So yeah, good outcome.