TPG Community

Get online support

How to set PTR record(reverse dns) for my own mail server

SOLVED Go to solution
Qian
Level 2

Hi all,

I have setup a mail server for my small company, and because the PTR record(reverse dns) is not set correctly, some mails are regarded as junk mail by hotmail server.

I searched online there is a TPG email dns@tpg.com.au for setting dns, but when I try to send request, my mail(gmail) is rejected by TPG mail server, it seems like this account is not available now.

How can I change the PTR record? Or who should I exactly contact to help me resolve this problem?

Many thanks!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
BasilDV

Hi @Qian,

We failed to locate your account using your community details. We would like to look into it further to provide further information.

Please shoot me a private message with your customer ID number or username along with the IP address and the hostname that you are using.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

View solution in original post

BasilDV

Hi @Qian,

We've notified our network admin and the PTR request has been made. Your IP address is now registered on your preferred domain name.

Please check it and let us know should you require further assistance.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Shane

Hi @Qian,

Welcome to the community!

We'll have this check with our Engineering Team and get back to you on Monday for more details.

Cheers!

BasilDV

Hi @Qian,

We failed to locate your account using your community details. We would like to look into it further to provide further information.

Please shoot me a private message with your customer ID number or username along with the IP address and the hostname that you are using.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

BasilDV

Hi @Qian,

We've notified our network admin and the PTR request has been made. Your IP address is now registered on your preferred domain name.

Please check it and let us know should you require further assistance.

Kind regards,

BasilDV

RBLRBL
Level 2

Hi,

I too an running my own email server, and because the PTR record(reverse dns) is not set correctly, some emails are regarded as junk mail by a few other mail servers around the world.

I have sent an email to dns@tpg.com.au for help, but have seen nothing in reply.  I have also logged a technical request online and all they did was point me to "dns.tpg.com.au"  which I took as a typo and was infact the email address I had already email to.

How can I change the PTR record? Or who should I exactly contact to help me resolve this problem?

BasilDV

Hi @RBLRBL,

We'd like to look into it further.

Please shoot me a PM with your TPG username or customer ID number along with your IP address and hostname.

Kind regards,

BasilDV