TPG Community

Get online support

Huawei HG659 - 2.4Ghz channel stopped working

mvandere
Level 3

HI, The 2.4Ghz band of my Huawei HG659 NBN modem router stopped working a couple of days ago. The conenction has been dropping off once or twice a day for some time and now its not showing as available at all.

In the modem admin portal shows the channel as On and working,

I got a software upgrade on the modem done a few months ago thinking it would fix the issue, but it hasn't chnged anything
What else can I try?

We have at least two devices in the house that cannot connect to 5GHz, so we need to get this fixed.

Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7
Shane

Hi @mvandere 

Let us help fix the wireless issue affecting the huawei modem. What troubleshooting have you taken so far?

Could you perform a factory reset? To do this, push the pinhole at the backpanel of the modem for 3-5 seconds until the light flashes.

The modem will auto-configure it self for 5-10mins, wait until it re-establish the connection and let us know how it will go.

Regards,

mvandere
Level 3

I have usually been restarting the modem. Sometimes it comes back after a restart, sometimes it doesn't.

Factory reset has brought it back, for now.

I will leave this computer connected to 2.4GHz, so I immediately become aware if it drops out.

Shane

Sure, @mvandere 

Let us monitor the connection for the next 24hrs in the event that 2.4Ghz experience the same issue, let us know so we can proceed with the next assessment and send us your details via PM.

Regards,

I have usually been restarting the modem. Sometimes it comes back after a restart, sometimes it doesn't.

Factory reset has brought it back, for now.

I will leave this computer connected to 2.4GHz, so I immediately become aware if it drops out.

mvandere
Level 3

2.4GHz has vanished again

BasilDV

Hi @mvandere

Aside from factory reset, have you tried to change the Wireless channel for your 2.4GHz band network?

Check these articles:

Easy Steps to Improve Wi-Fi Connection In Your Home

Wireless Channel on your modem - what is it and why should I change it?

BasilDV

mvandere
Level 3

I've been using wifi for many years, heh.

Wifi has been 'central' since the NBN was connected.

Both our, former  neighbours were heavy on wifi, but our new neighbours seem to be technophobes, so there is nothing visibly competing for channels

BasilDV

Alright. We'd like to check on what we can arrange for you.

Kindly send us a private message with your account details.

BasilDV